- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
NAS is the acronym for Network Attached Storage, and it is mainly used as file servers by business users. Backing up to NAS can save users' local storage as well as it can ensure the security of the backup image file. If you want to back up your important files/folders on NAS, then AOMEI Backupper enables you to back up data to NAS devices easily.
Back up to NAS
1. The system, partitions and even whole disk can all be backed up to NAS. Click on the second box.
2. When the window pops up, Click Share/NAS on the left-hand side or you can open the drop-down list of the destination path to click “Select a network share or NAS".
3. Click Add share or NAS device button in the lower-left corner.
4. Enter the IP address of your NAS. Meanwhile, you can name it for this NAS device.
5. After the NAS device has been added, all the folders under this NAS device will be listed. Choose one folder as the destination path, then click OK.
AOMEI Backupper supports NAS with SMB protocol only.
For more detailed info about how to back up to NAS, please refer to this tutorial: AOMEI Free Backup Software for Windows Backup to NAS Devices, which will instruct you step-by-step about how to back up to NAS device.
1. Select the “Backup” tab on the left column then drag the scrollbar downwards to select “File Backup” or “File Sync”.
2. In Step1, select “Add File” or “Add Folder”. Then in the pop-up window (select folder), select “Browse” to select the folder to backup/synchronize.
3. When the “Open” window pops up, select “Share/NAS Device” on the left-hand side.
4. Select the “Add share or NAS device” button in the lower-left corner. Enter the IP address, the NAS name or NAS display name.
5. After the NAS device has been added, all the folders in the NAS will be listed in the right-hand side list box. Choose files/folders you want to backup/sync and select “OK“.
Only File Backup/Sync way can select NAS as the source.
For the real-time sync task, putting the NAS as the source is not supported.
Back up to Cloud Clients
Cloud drives (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) are becoming more and more popular among us, luckily, AOMEI Backupper can back up, sync files or folders to cloud clients as long as your PC has installed these Desktop cloud clients.
Back up to Cloud
1. You can back up or sync files/folders to cloud clients. Find Step2 and click the drop-down menu so you will see "Select a cloud drive".
2. Click“Select a Cloud" to open the list of cloud clients you have installed in your pc. Select a cloud client as the destination location.
- Before backing up to the cloud, you need to install the desktop app of cloud drive on
your PC first.
AOMEI Backupper currently only supports these cloud clients: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, SugarSync, hubiC and Cloudme.
Only File Backup and File Sync task supports selecting the desktop cloud app as the destination location.