Why do auto backup to NAS?
NAS (network attached storage) is one of the hard drives on your network. Nowadays, more and more computer users backup their data to NAS. It is becoming a trend for those irrecusable reasons:
- Save important data from computer errors. If you backup data to NAS, the data won't be affected by system crashes, virus attacks and misoperations, etc.
- Share data within a company. All the individual users can backup files to NAS so that others can access them from the network path.
Backing up data to NAS is nearly a common job for users. However, what if you forget to backup the changed data to NAS? To avoid this problem, you’d better set up an automatic backup to NAS. Thus, even if you forget to backup after changing the data, it will backup for you automatically.
Best freeware to run NAS automatic backup
Auto backup to NAS is an important thing for users. What you should do is to choose a reliable third-party application to help you. AOMEI Backupper Standard is the best NAS backup software. It offers powerful features to backup your important data.
- It saves you a lot of time to backup system, hard drive, partition, files or folders.
- You can backup data to local disks or backup to external hard drives. You are also allowed to backup to different NAS devices, such as Synology, QNAP and WD My Cloud.
- If you have an AOMEI account, you are able to backup files to AOMEI Cloud.
- You can set up an automatic backup by enabling Schedule Backup.
What’s most important is that Windows PC users can use it for free. Here I will introduce how to create automatic backup to NAS freely in Windows 7/8/10/11.
Create automatic backup to NAS with AOMEI Backupper
Take Synology NAS as an example. Learn how to do Synology automatic backup as follows. Before you start, please download and install the free backup software AOMEI Backupper Standard on your PC.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper. Click Backup, and select the backup type according to your requirements. Here I choose System Backup.
Step 2. The program will select the system partition(s) automatically. Just select Add Share or NAS Devices from the drop-down menu of the second bar.
Step 3. You will move to a window called "Add Share or NAS Devices". Type the IP address of the Synology NAS to add the device and then select a shared folder on it as the destination place to store the backup.
Step 4. Here you have already done the job of backing up to NAS. However, NAS auto backup needs one more step. That is click Schedule Backup on the left bottom to open the schedule setting window. You can choose daily, weekly, monthly, event triggers or USB plug in mode. (The last two modes are available in Professional version.)
Step 5. After all the settings, click Start Backup to launch the progress.
With the help of AOMEI Backupper, automatic backup to NAS is quite simple. Besides backing up to NAS, AOMEI Backupper provides many other utilities for you to keep data safe. For example, you can backup files to cloud storage like OneDrive/Google Drive and automatically backup files with a certain file extension.
What's more, AOMEI Backupper is powerful Crucial SSD clone software that enables you to clone HDD to Crucial SSD with a few clicks. Try it now to discover more!