About Crucial SSD
SSDs are the next evolution of PC storage, which runs faster, quieter, and cooler than the aging technology inside HDDs. In addition, they are more durable and more reliable than HDDs because there's no moving part.
Among all kinds of SSDs, Crucial SSD is one of the most famous. It is a part of Micron - one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world, and is developed since the earliest days of solid state drives. Crucial SSDs such as Crucial BX500, Crucial MX200, Crucial MX500, Crucial BX100, etc. are popular in the market.
If you are considering choosing one of them for better performance, you may want to to migrate data to Crucial SSD directly, because as we all know, it’s a time-consuming job to re-install the operating system as well as all other applications. Check the next part to get free Crucial SSD migration software.
Crucial SSD Install Kit & Acronis True Image for Crucial
If you are planning to upgrade HDD to Crucial SSD in your desktop PC systems, maybe the Crucial easy desktop install kit for SSD could help you, and it’s available on the Crucial official site if you pay 17.49 dollars. The kit includes SATA-to-SATA data transfer cable, USB-to-SATA data transfer cable, 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch adapter bracket, and mounting screws.
The kit offers SSD cloning software - Acronis True Image for Crucial SSD. However, you may get disappointed for the following reasons:
- It does not provide any instructions. If you directly follow the on-screen commands to do Crucial hard drive clone, it might ruin your data and hard drive.
- It only supports cloning BX-series or MX-series Crucial SSD and you are not allowed to use other features unless you upgrade to the full product, such as backup, sync, or dashboard.
- It is probably not working. For example, you may receive errors on source disk that prevent you from cloning. Also, it even does not recognize Crucial SSD.
Thus, it's not a wise choice to perform Crucial SSD clone with Acronis. Then, which software should you use? Please keep reading and I'll introduce the best free Crucial clone tool in the next part.
Best Free Crucial SSD Clone Software - AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Standard, the best free Crucial SSD clone software in Windows 11/10/8/7 can help you migrate data in just a few clicks.
How to clone an HDD to a Crucial SSD step by step
Before you do the clone job, please connect Crucial SSD to your PC, and make sure it can be detected. Next, download and install Crucial data transfer software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. Then we’ll show you the detailed steps about Crucial SSD clone.
1. Launch this free Crucial cloning software, and select “Disk Clone” under “Clone” tab.
2. Select the HDD (system disk or data disk) as source disk.
3. Select the Crucial SSD as the destination disk.
4. Tick "SSD Alignment" to accelerate the reading and writing speed of the destination SSD. Then, click “Start Clone”.
Acronis True Image for Crucial only supports cloning BX-series or MX-series Crucial SSD, and the cloning process may fail sometimes. Thus, it's suggested to use a different Crucial cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
It allows you to clone MBR system disk to MBR without any obstacle, and it supports all branded SSDs, including Crucial SSD, Samsung SSD, WD SSD, Lenovo SSD, etc.
Also, you are allowed to use other features in AOMEI Backupper, such as, system backup, disk backup, file backup, automatic file sync, and more. It can be the best assistant to ensure data safety. Please download it to explore yourself.