"I was using an Acronis True Image for Crucial, and I was trying to clone my HDD to my SSD but on the 5th partition, something went wrong. It gave me an error message as followed, "Cloning failed". I do not know what to do. I am wondering how to solve the Acronis True Image cloning problem. Any help is much appreciated."
If you have encountered a similar situation, this article will introduce two solutions to help you fix the problem Acronis True Image for Crucial clone failed. Please read the article and know more details.
Why Acronis True Image for Crucial Clone Failed?
So, why does Acronis True Image for Crucial clone failed? It is caused by a problem in Acronis True Image. You can upgrade to the latest version and see if the problem is solved.
However, the real reason is Acronis cannot clone some hidden partitions under normal conditions. These partitions are usually located in the last part of the drive, so cloning may stop at 80-95%, resulting in Acronis clone disk operation failed.
How to Solve Acronis True Image for Crucial Clone Failed Easily
As mentioned early, you may know the main reason of Acronis True Image for Crucial clone failed is unable to clone hidden recovery partition. To avoid this problem, you can create a bootable rescue media. It will boot the system outside of Windows and allow Acronis to clone the hidden partitions.
In addition, you may pay attention to some situations other users have already encountered, such as Acronis True Image hangs when cloning, Acronis clone failed to read data from the disk, etc.
If you are worried about the situations that occur above, you could choose a similar professional disk cloning software - AOMEI Backupper to help you. Its disk clone feature can help you clone your old disk including hidden recovery partition to a new SSD like Crucial. The cloned disk can boot your computer successfully after cloning. You can read the following part know more details about the professional disk cloning software.
Professional and Reliable Software to Fix Acronis True Image for Crucial Clone Failed
AOMEI Backupper Professional is a professional and reliable disk cloning software. It not only supports disk clone but also partition clone. As a popular disk cloning software, it has some advantages below:
- Ensure secure boot: After cloning, you can boot your computer successfully with the cloned disk just like an SSD of Crucial.
- Sector by sector clone: It will clone all sectors whether they are used or not. So you don't have to worry about some hidden partitions can’t be cloned.
- SSD alignment: If your target disk is an SSD, like Crucial, this feature can accelerate its reading and writing speed.
- Intelligent clone: Under the default mode, it only copies the used sectors and therefore you can easily clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD if you need.
- Multiple HDD/SSD types: It supports various types of HDD (PATA, SATA, SCSI) and SSD (SATA, NVMe, PCIe, M.2, U.2).
- Different systems: It supports Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista, etc.
When you need to clone the hard drive to SSD, you can follow the graphic tutorial below.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install and launch it. Then click Clone > Disk Clone.
The Professional edition supports cloning both data disks and systems disks from MBR to MBR/MBR to GPT, or GPT to GPT/GPT to MBR. If you only want to clone data disks, you can pick the complete free Standard edition.
Step 2. Choose the hard drive you want to clone as the source disk.
Step 3. Choose your SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Tick Sector By Sector Clone for it will clone all sectors and ensure the hidden partitions won’t be missed. Then click Start Clone.
- Edit Partitions: You can change the partition size with the feature.
- Sector By Sector Clone: It is generally suitable for cloning disks of the same or larger size. So you can clone disk to larger disk easily.
This article introduces you to two solutions when you encounter the situation Acronis True Image for Crucial clone failed. You can choose any of the methods according to your needs.
AOMEI Backupper Professional could be a better option. First and foremost, it can clone all sectors including hidden partitions without entering the PE environment. Besides, the cloned disk will boot your computer successfully after cloning. Furthermore, it supports different disk types and operating systems.
This software also offers other features such as system backup, file backup and restore, etc. You can download this software to explore more features by yourself.