What is AOMEI Cloud?
AOMEI Cloud is a cloud drive developed by AOMEI Tech. With AOMEI Backupper, you can easily backup your personal files, work files and other important data to AOMEI Cloud after you log into your AOMEI account in the program. Backing up to a cloud disk is more secure and not easy to leak. Currently, only files or folders can be backed up to AOMEI Cloud.
How to Back up Files and Folders to AOMEI Cloud
1. In the left tab page, select “Backup” followed by “Cloud Backup”. Before using the feature, it is recommended to first log in AOMEI Account.
2. You can name it for "Task Name" box to help you distinguish it from other backups.
3. Click either“Add Folder” or “Add File” and then select the files/folders to be backed up. Or, you can directly drag files/folders to here to add them.
4. AOMEI Cloud is selected as the destination by default.
Case Sign up" button and sign up an AOMEI account. Once it is signed up, you can click the "Login" button to Log in your AOMEI account. After a successful login, the used space and total space will be displayed.1: If you do not have an AOMEI account, you can first click "
Case 2: If you already have an AOMEI account but still not log in, you can directly click the "Login" button to log in your account. After a successful login, the used space and total space will be displayed.
Before creating a cloud backup task, it is highly recommended to first click the "Login" button on the program GUI to log in your AOMEI Account directly. Once logged in, there is no need to log in again when you create a backup task.
For a Cloud Backup task, you can also click the Schedule Backup button to enable a schedule backup to automatically run backups. Currently, only three schedule modes are available for cloud backup: Daily, Weekly, Monthly. And, incremental backup is the default backup method.
5. Click "Start Backup" button to begin the backup process. And, click "Finish" once the process has completed.
- If you would like to restore a file backup from AOMEI Cloud, please use the feature "Restore from Cloud".
- Tasks created on different machines do not support backup operations, but only support restore and view details operations.
- In order to avoid backing up temporary files, garbage files and other useless data, we suggest you perform a data clean up first and back up later.
- Files and folders in the Recycle Bin cannot be backed up.
- Backupper can effectively back up files like NTFS compressed files or EFS encrypted files, but the files will no longer have NTFS properties after restoration.
- We suggest you first put files you plan to back up into the same folder, and then back up this folder. To save all those files you would then only need to add one backup source to the Backup List, rather than several (Note: every item in the Backup list is called a backup source). This would make backup management more convenient. We suggest you do not add too many backup sources to the Backup list (e.g. the backup source count has reached 2000 or more).
- Some files may be in use by other programs exclusively, program will prompt to skip them.
- Some files don’t have system permission (you can check permissions under properties of files/folders), program will prompt to skip them.
- When AOMEI Cloud has expired, you will no longer be able to perform the task of backing up files to AOMEI Cloud, and the data in AOMEI Cloud will be deleted after a few days of countdown. An email notification will be sent in advance, and the software will also pop up a window. Prompt details are shown in Data Retention Policy.