Why Use AOMEI Backupper Partition or Volume Restore?
This feature is used to restore a particular partition or volume. If the data on the partition is damaged, you can quickly restore it to the normal state with the backed up image file.
How to Restore Partition or Volume with AOMEI Backupper?
Here are the detailed steps about how to restore partitions or volumes:
Restore partitions or volumes under Windows:
1. In the left tab page, select Restore-->Select Task. From the listed backup tasks select one that you want to restore. Click Next to continue.
2. In this page, AOMEI Backupper lists the partitions or volumes contained in this image file. Select a backup point and one of the partitions you want to restore, then click Next to continue.
3. Select a destination partition, which can be an existing partition or an unallocated space. Click Next.
4. Now enter the "Operation Summary" page to preview the restore operation to be executed. If you want to adjust partitions, in the left bottom click "Edit Partition". Other options "Sector by sector restore" and "SSD Alignment" are also available.
5. Click Start Restore and wait for the process to complete, and then click Finish.
For more details with screenshots, see: How to Restore Partition/Volume.
Restore partitions or vloumes under WinPE:
If the PC fails to boot or has been crashed, you need to create a WinPE bootable
media with AOMEI Backupper and boot your PC into WinPE to run the partitions or volumes
Please follow the steps below:
Then, insert the bootable media into the failed computer and boot from it. ( You may need to
change the boot sequence and Boot Mode in the PC's
BIOS (Also referred to as UEFI).
3. When the PC boots up successfully, AOMEI Backupper (already installed on the bootable device) will run automatically allowing you to start the partitions or volumes recovery just as the a process under Windows.
If you regularly backup your disks, each backup will generate an image at a given time, so there may be multiple time points to choose from.
The destination disk/partition will be totally overwritten. If the destination contains any important data, it should first be copied to another location.
If any applications are running on the destination partition/disk, AOMEI Backupper will require you to restart computer and execute the restore operation in "Restart Mode".