- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
If your original files/folders are lost or damaged, with the help of AOMEI Backupper, you can use the File Restore feature to recover them to the original state at the time you backed them up into an image file.
To restore files/folders:
In the left tab page, select Restore and then click Select Task. If the image file is not recognized, you can click Select Image File.
2. Select the file backup item that you want to restore from the listbox, then click Next to continue.
4. Select a destination path to save the files. You can choose whether to "Restore to original location" or "Restore to a new location". You may also tick "Replace existing files" to overwrite existing files with the same name. Click Start Restore to execute this task.
For a more detailed guide with screenshots, see: How to Do Files and Folders Restore.
Some files may be in use by other programs, and cannot be overwritten. In this case AOMEI Backupper will pop-up a prompt window. You just need to follow the prompts. You could consider restoring to a new location to solve the problem.
When backing up files, AOMEI Backupper automatically backs up the NTFS permissions. You can check the "Restore NTFS Permissions" option in order to make it easier to set file permissions during the restore process.
When a restore is performed, the “Restore only files” option can be checked. In this case, the program will only restore those selected files not included in the original path.