What is Real-time Sync?
The Real-Time Sync function will automatically real-time monitor the source directory needing sync. If there’s any change happens to any files or folder in source directory, the program will sync them immediately and real-time backup your data.
How to Set up Real-Time Sync with AOMEI Backupper
Here are the detailed steps about how to set up a real-time sync task:
1. Click the “Sync” tab on the left sides and then select “Real-Time Sync”.
You can name this sync using the Real-Time Sync Task filed to help you distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click "Add Folder" to select the folder which you want to sync. You can click the“plus”icon to add more folders to sync.
* When needing to filter files after you add the folders, you can click the "funnel" icon to open the "Filter Settings" .
The feature "Filter Settings" can be set after you add source folders. (Only available for paid versions)
1) The File Inclusion Mask can specify the files that you need to sync. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with semi-colon(*.doc;*.xls;*.ppt ).
With this mask, you can configure including sync according to file extensions, such as .doc, .xls, .ppt and so on. So, only files with the same extensions will be synced to the target path.
For example, you would like to only sync .doc files in the selected source folders. You can just configure "*.doc" in the mask. (If you would like to include more extensions, please separate the formats with semi-colons).
2) The File Exclusion Mask specifies the files that you need to exclude. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with semi-colon(*.temp;*.tmp;*.bak;*~*).
With this mask, you can configure to exclude according to file extensions, such as .temp, .tmp, .bak and so on. As a result, all files with the same extensions will not be synced to the destination location.
For example, you would like to only exclude .temp files in the selected source folders. You can just configure "*.temp" in the mask. (If you would like to include more extensions, please separate the formats with semi-colons).
3) The Folder Exclusion Mask specifies the folders that you need to exclude. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with a semi-colon(*temp;temp*).
With this mask, you can configure to exclude folders with the same name. Therefore, all folders with the same name will not be synced to the destination location.
For example, you would like to only exclude folder "A" in the selected source folders. You can just configure "A" in the mask. (If you would like to include more folder names, please separate the names with semi-colons).
You can also tick the bottom three boxes as you need. After the "Filter settings" option is set, please click "OK".
2. Select a destination location to store the folder, then click "Start Sync" to perform the operation.
While a sync is running, you can click an icon in the lower-left corner to set to Shut down/Restart/Hibernate/Sleep PC after sync completion.
3. When the sync is running, you can also click the underlined sentence to check the sync process in detail.
And, please kindly wait for the sync process to complete and then click the "Finish" button.
4. As a result, you can view the data straightly on the destination location.
When you add, change or delete files on the source directory, the program will sync these files to the destination in real-time.
When creating a new Real-Time Sync task, you will find a "Options" button in the lower-left corner of the interface.
Click the button and you will show "General" and "Advanced" options.
Comments: Write a note for your task to help you distinguish it from other backup tasks.
Sync the deletions in source directory to destination: When files are deleted from the source directory, the same files in the destination directory will also be deleted. (This option is ticked by default)
Verify the integrity of files in the destination directory during synchronization: If a file in the source directory does not exist in the destination directory, the missing files will be synced to the destination directory to ensure the integrity of files. (e.g. files in the destination directory are deleted manually.) Tick this option will also increase the sync time.
Advanced: If you do need a folder that the same name as the Real-Time Sync task in the destination, you need to tick the box "Automatically create a folder with the same as the task in the target location" before you create the real-time sync task. (If you untick the box after a sync task is created, the folder will not be generated in the target path. This option is unticked by default.)
For Real-time Sync, AOMEI Backupper does not support Email Notifications.
For the real-time sync feature, selecting a NAS as the source is not supported.