How to Real Time Sync Folders in Windows 10 Easily
Wanna perform real-time sync for folders in Windows 10? You can get the best solution from this page.
💛 Quick Navigation:
What is real-time syncing?
File synchronization (file sync) means to duplicate files from one location to another and keep files the same in different locations. Every time you run file sync, any changes to the files like adding, modification and deletion will be synchronized. Compared with copying, pasting and deleting files one by one, it saves users much time to get identical files in different locations.
Real-time sync is a scheduled file sync task which synchronizes file changes almost without delay. There’s no need for you to manually sync files, and same changes happen in real time. Real-time sync in Windows speeds up the synchronization process incredibly.
Why do you need real-time sync for folders?
Now you have a basic understanding of real-time sync. You will need real-time sync for folders in the following circumstances:
Backup your crucial data in another folder and keep the backup version up-to-date.
Share working files with your colleagues instantly by syncing folders to a network drive or a cloud drive in real time.
Transfer commonly-used files between different devices (desktops, laptops or tablets) immediately so that you can edit them at your convenience.
Since it’s necessary to do real-time sync for folders, what’s the best real-time sync software that can give you a hand?
Best real-time sync software in Windows - AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Professional, specialized sync and backup software for Windows 11/10/8/7, can be the ideal choice.
- It offers four sync modes for different needs: Basic Sync, Mirror Sync, Real-Time Sync, and Two-Way Sync. To sync changed files immediately, you can choose Real-Time Sync.
- If you use the other three sync modes instead of Real-Time Sync, there will be a "Schedule Sync" feature, which enables you to create automatic sync tasks. You can choose from Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Event triggers/USB plug in.
- Various locations are supported. You can synchronize files to local folders, shared folders over network, NAS devices or cloud drives and vice versa.
How to run real-time sync for folders in Windows 10 easily
Now learn how to accomplish real-time file sync in Windows 10 via AOMEI Backupper below:
1. Get the free trial of AOMEI Backupper Professional. Install and launch it.
2. Click “Sync” on the left pane and select “Real-Time Sync”.
3. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” to select the folder you want to synchronize.
4. (Optional) If you want to exclude certain file types from the sync task, you can click the funnel-shaped button on the selected folder column to set it. You can also click the "+" icon to add other folders you want to synchronize.
5. Select a destination location to store the synced folder.
6. Click on “Start Sync” button to perform the operation.
Options: you can write a comment for your sync task so that you can figure out the specific sync contents.
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
- In addition to sync method, this software still supports backup method. You can choose to backup files to AOMEI Cloud, a cloud drive developed by AOMEI Tech, and it offers 1TB free storage in 15 days after registration.
To keep fresh backups, share files in real time or transfer files between different devices, you may need real-time sync. You can perform real-time sync for folders in Windows 10 easily with AOMEI Backupper Professional. The best real-time sync software applies to real-time sync for folders in Windows 7 as well. What’s more, it owns the clone feature that can be used to perform disk clone and system clone. Try it now to discover more!