What is real-time sync?
File synchronization (file sync) means to duplicate files from one location to another and keep files the same in different locations. Every time you run file sync, any changes to the files like adding, modification and deletion will be synchronized. Compared with copying, pasting and deleting files one by one, it saves users much time to get identical files in different locations.
Real-time sync is a scheduled file sync task which synchronizes file changes almost without delay. There’s no need for you to manually sync files, and same changes happen in real time. Real-time sync in Windows speeds up the synchronization process incredibly.
Why do you need real-time sync for folders?
Now you have a basic understanding of real-time sync. You will need real-time sync for folders in following circumstances:
Backup your crucial data in another folder and keep the backup version up-to-date.
Share working files with your colleagues instantly by syncing folders to a network drive or a cloud drive in real time.
Transfer commonly-used files between different devices (desktops, laptops or tablets) immediately so that you can edit them at your convenience.
Since it’s necessary to do real-time sync for folders, what’s the best real-time sync software that can give you a hand?
How to run real-time sync for folders in Windows 10 easily?
AOMEI Backupper Professional, a specialized sync and backup software for Windows 10/8/7, can be the ideal choice. With the File Sync feature, you can synchronize files to local folders, shared folders over network, NAS devices or cloud drives.
Using the Schedule feature, you can set a file sync task to run daily/weekly/monthly. You can even set it to run based on special events with Event Triggers, and of course run in real time. Additionally, you can use AOMEI Backupper as PNY SSD cloning software if you want to clone HDD to PNY SSD. Now learn how to accomplish real-time file sync in Windows 10 via AOMEI Backupper below:
1. Get the free trial of AOMEI Backupper Professional. Install and launch it.
2. Click “Backup” on the left pane and select “File Sync”.
3. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” to select the folder you want to synchronize.
4. (Optional) If you want to exclude certain file type from the sync task, you can click the funnel-shaped button on the selected folder column to set it. You can also click the "+" icon to add other folders you want to synchronize.
5. Select a destination location to store the folder.
6. Tick “Real-time Sync” in the bottom. In the pop-up window, you can choose to sync deletion or not and click “OK”.
7. Click on “Start Sync” button to perform the operation.
Options: you can write a comment for your sync task so that you can figure out the specific sync contents.
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
AOMEI Backupper currently only supports one-way sync from the source folder to the destination folder.
To keep fresh backups, share files in real time or transfer files between different devices, you may need real-time sync. You can perform real-time sync for folders in Windows 10 easily with AOMEI Backupper Professional. The best real-time sync software applies to real-time sync for folders in Windows 7 as well. What’s more, it offers you a quick workaround to recover lost files in Windows 10 and works as an alternative when Seagate DiscWizard does not detect drive.