What is Real-time Sync?
File sync is quite helpful in our daily leisure and work life. File syncing is a process of ensuring that computer files in two or more folders are updated when the criteria are met. There are one-way synchronization and two-way synchronization patterns, and the former is the most common used one.
One-way sync, also called mirroring, updates files via copying them from a “source” location to one or more “target/destination” locations.
Real time sync can be one way sync or two-way sync according to your needs. Once there exists file changes in the source location and the sync program detects that, the updated files will be duplicated to the target location instantly, which is called Real-time Synchronization.
Real-time sync is frequently used in group work, of course in personal project. When modifying crucial or sensitive data, every change counts.
Best Real-time Sync Software - AOMEI Backupper
If you would like to perform real-time synchronization, it’s would be better to get a professional real time sync software.
Although you could use Windows file sync tool like Windows 10 SyncToy, sync center, etc. Nevertheless, they are not equipped with real-time sync feature. In addition, some third party real time sync software embed this function, like RealTimeSync software in FreeFileSync, Goodsync, Allway sync, etc. It’s not cheap actually and even not sync files in real time.
As a result, all of these factors bring AOMEI Backupper Professional to you. This real time file sync software allows you to keep two folders on different locations (local disk vs external drive, system partition vs data partition) synchronized immediately when change happens. It supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP as well as various storages like SSD, USB drive, Thumb drive, CD/DVD, network share, NAS, cloud drive desktop apps etc.
Get the 30-day free trial of this real-time file sync software for Windows and have a try.
Step by Step Guide to Perform Real-time Sync
Now, we will describe how to real time sync folders in Windows 10 computer with the best real time file sync software, here it is:
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper on your Windows 10. At the main console, go Sync > Real-Time Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to select the first folder as source folder. You can add
multiple folders as the source.
3. The Filter settings allow you to exclude files that you don’t want to sync from the source.
4. Then choose a destination folder.
5. Click Start Sync to perform real time folder sync in Windows 10.
After a few moments, you will get the all the folders synced to the destination, and any changes to the source will be synced instantly to the destination.
Except for real-time sync, AOMEI Backupper provides other sync features for you to meet the different situations:
1. Basic Sync: You could perform Schedule sync with 5 modes, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, event triggers, USB plug in.
2. Mirror Sync: This sync mode will sync files and folders in the source to the destination, and always keep the files and folders in the destination exactly the same as the source.
3. Two-Way Sync: also called bidirectional sync, or both-ways sync, It will sync changes to the other side. If the changes detected in the source, it will be synced to the destination; any changes in the destination will be reflected in the source.
As the easiest and best real time sync software, AOMEI Backupper devotes itself to make every interface simple and simplify each operating process. Many helpful features of this software could be used to solve practical issues in real life. As a backup & restore solution, you can perform Windows backup on logoff, disk backup, partition backup, file backup, restore to dissimilar hardware computer, etc.
If you are running Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019(R2) and SBS 2003/2008/2011, please try AOMEI Backupper Server to enjoy more features, like command line backup/restore/clone, dynamic disk volume backup/restore/clone, and so on. For IT technicians, please enjoy AOMEI Backupper Technician or Technician Plus.