When using a Windows computer, we should usually back up the files in case of losing important data in sudden system failures. Then, are there any methods for backing up crucial data automatically and periodically?
SyncToy is a free file sync tool for Windows released by Microsoft. With a simple operation interface, it is easy-to-use and highly customizable. It helps users with heavy work involved in copying, moving, and synchronizing different directories. Most common operations can be performed with just a few clicks of the mouse. There are three synchronization options offered by SyncToy: Synchronize, Echo, and Contribute.
Now you have a clear idea about three synchronization options. You can choose any one depending on your situation. In addition, you can learn how to perform SyncToy schedule in Windows 10 step by step below?
Schedule SyncToy in Windows 10 with Task Scheduler
You have made a choice among different synchronization options. Here comes a trouble—you can’t create SyncToy auto sync tasks in the tool itself. With Windows Task Scheduler, you are able to run SyncToy automatically in Windows 10. Just follow the guidance below:
1. Tap the Search button on the taskbar and type “task scheduler” in the search box. Click on Task Scheduler to open it.
2. Click Create Basic Task in the “Actions” pane on the right.
3. In the pop-up window, enter a name and a description for your task so that you can easily recognize it.
4. Choose the frequency of the task to run.
Note: You’ll be asked to add additional settings depending on the trigger you select.
5. On the “Action” step, select Start a Program as the option for the task to perform.
6. In the “Program/script” box, enter “C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe” including the quotes. You can also click on “Browse” button and locate the SyncToyCmd.exe. In the “Add arguments” box, enter –R to run all of your syncs each time.
If you’d like to run only one of your syncs each time, enter –R “your sync name”. Make sure to enter the sync name inside quotes if it contains any spaces.
If you leave out the quotes in the “Program/script” box, Task Scheduler will ask if you want to run C:\Program with the remainder as an argument. Click “No” to keep it like you entered, and Task Scheduler will add the quotes correctly for you.
7. Confirm the task information on the “Summary” interface and click Finish to save the changes.
As you see, Windows Task Scheduler can assist you in SyncToy Windows 10 schedule but the process is complex. In addition, some users come across SyncToy errors like “SyncToy failed to create folder pair”, “SyncToy not copying all files”, “SyncToy access denied”, etc. Is there an easier way of automatic file sync?
Easier way to perform automatic file sync
To make automatic file sync easier, you need SyncToy alternative for Windows 10. The best free file sync software - AOMEI Backupper Standard can be your best choice.
Download and install AOMEI Backupper on your Windows PC. Now I’ll show you how to create a scheduled file sync task via AOMEI Backupper in detail:
1. Start AOMEI Backupper. Click Sync on the left pane and select Basic Sync.
2. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click Add Folder to select the folder which you want to synchronize.
3. Select a destination location to store the synced folder. Then, click Schedule in the bottom.
Tip: If you want to sync files between two computers, please choose a network location as sync destination.
4. In the pop-up window, choose the frequency of the task to run.
5. Click on Start Sync button and select Add the schedule and start sync now to perform the operation.
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
With Windows Task Scheduler, you can schedule SyncToy in Windows 10 to run automatically. To make auto sync easier, you should pick AOMEI Backupper. Besides the sync feature, AOMEI Backupper is professional Windows backup software that can help you with system protection and data protection. Try it out by yourself!