Want to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without Losing Quality?
How to get video from iPhone to computer without losing quality?
I want to transfer some photo videos from my iPhone to my HP laptop for editing. How can I transfer videos without losing quality?
- Question from Reddit
With the advanced camera of iPhone, we can take great videos to record unforgettable moments. Those videos can take up lots of storage space, especially the high-quality 4K videos. Therefore, most of us would like to transfer videos from iPhone to PC and then delete them from iPhone to free up space.
When it comes to transferring videos from iPhone to PC, it’s certain that we will want a full-quality version on computer, especially if we want to make further edits to the video. So how to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality? Just keep reading to find the answer.
How to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality
There are 5 ways that can help you transfer videos from iPhone to computer without losing quality. If you want to transfer large videos from iPhone to PC quickly, then Way 2 is the best choice.
Way 1. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality - File Explorer
When you connect your iPhone to your PC, Windows can treat the iPhone as part of the file system. You can go to File Explorer and open the DCIM folder of iPhone to find the videos and copy them to computer.
1. Connect your iPhone to PC > Trust the PC on your iPhone.
2. Open Computer or This PC to find your iPhone > Double-click your iPhone and go to Internal Storage.
3. Then you will see the DCIM folder > Open this folder and you will see folders named 100APPLE, 101APPLE, 102APPLE, etc.
4. Open those folders to find the videos you want to transfer > Copy and paste your videos to PC.
Way 2. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality - FoneTool
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool specially designed for Windows users. This tool supports data transfer between iPhone and PC, it’s an ideal and reliable transfer tool that can help you transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality.
● Preview and select videos. FoneTool will display all albums, which makes it easy to find certain videos.
● Do no harm to video quality. Transfer videos in any size from iPhone to PC without compromising video quality.
● Supports multiple types of videos. It can help you transfer recorded videos as well as music videos, movies, etc.
● High transfer speed. It is able to transfer a large number of videos quickly faster than most transfer tools.
With a stable USB connection, video transfer from iPhone to PC can be done quickly. Click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps to transfer your videos.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect iPhone to PC with cable.
2. Choose Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the + icon > Click Videos and uncheck other options > Choose the videos you want to transfer and click OK to continue. (The recorded videos are stored in Photos.)
4. Click Start Transfer > Choose a destination > Click Transfer and that’s it.
Besides iPhone video to PC transfer, you can do many other things with this powerful tool.
- Transfer videos, songs, photos, contacts between iPhone and computer.
- Transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
- Backup selected files & restore files to iPhone without data erasing.
- Find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone and computer to free up space.
- Convert HEIC to JPG, JPEG, PNG so you can edit the photos with Photoshop.
Way 3. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality - Mail Drop
Mail Drop lets you send large files like videos, presentations, and images through iCloud. You can transfer the videos via Mail app on iPhone and then download the videos from iCloud.com. It’s a good choice if you want to send videos from iPhone to email.
- You can use Mail Drop to send videos no more than 5 GB each time.
- You need to enable Mail in your iCloud Settings and have an iCloud email address.
- You will have 30 days to download the video via the link before it expires.
- It does not count against your iCloud storage but there is a storage limit of 1TB.
Steps to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality
Step 1. Turn on Mail Drop on iPhone
Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Advanced > Choose Send large attachment with Mail Drop.
Step 2. Transfer video on iPhone
- Go to Photos app and choose the videos you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon.
- Choose Mail option > Compose your email > Tap Send.
- A pop-up window will appear saying that the video is too large to send and you can choose to use Mail Drop > Simply tap Use Mail Drop option.
Step 3. Download video on PC
- Open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode.
- Click Mail option.
- Open the message that contains your videos.
- Click the videos you want to download. They will be downloaded to the location specified in your web browser’s settings.
Way 4. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality - Snapdrop
Although AirDrop is not compatible with Windows, you can use AirDrop-like apps to help you transfer videos from iPhone to computer without losing quality. Snapdrop, Xender, SHAREit are the most recommended ones. Here we take Snapdrop as an example.
1. Connect iPhone and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open a browser and visit Snapdrop website (https://snapdrop.net/) on iPhone and computer.
3. On your Phone, tap the icon and choose Photo Library.
4. Select the videos you want to transfer.
5. Accept your videos on computer.
AirDrop for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC Free Download
How to AirDrop Files from iPhone 14 to Windows 11/10/8/7
Way 5. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality - Google Drive
You can also use some cloud-based storage services, such as iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive to transfer videos. First upload videos to the cloud on iPhone and then download videos from cloud on PC. It’s not a bad idea if you have a fast and stable network connection.
1. Go to App Store to download Google Drive > Open the app and sign in.
2. Tap the plus icon > Tap Upload > Choose Photos and Videos > Select the videos you want to transfer to computer and let it finish uploading.
3. Then go to the Google Drive website on computer and download the videos.
- If you do not want to download any app on iPhone, you can take advantage of iCloud Drive to complete the transfer: Go to Photos app and the videos you need > Tap the Share icon > Choose Save to “Files” > Choose iCloud Drive as the destination. After that, you can go to iCloud.com on PC to download the videos.
That’s all about how to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality. All of these methods can help you transfer recorded videos.
- If you want to transfer movies or music videos, only FoneTools can help you make it.
- It is recommended to use FoneTool if your Internet connection is not stable.
- You can also use these tools to transfer videos from computer to iPhone.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad