One obvious way to share files with others is to use email. However, when you try to send a video via email, there is a high probability that you will be rejected. And that’s why you come to this page to find a way to send videos from iPhone to email, right? Take it easy, this guide will explain why you can’t send video from iPhone to email and two workable methods that can help you email videos from iPhone to computer or another iPhone.
Table of Content
Why You Can’t Send Video from iPhone to Email?
Can’t send video from iPhone to email is not a rare issue. It’s a common problem that many iPhone users face from time to time. To cut a long story short, the main reason why you can't send video from iPhone to email is that the video is too big.
Usually, the video you shoot with the default 1080p can run into hundreds of megabytes. Besides, a 4K video shot with iPhone can have 400MB per minute. In order to prevent the server from overloading and ensure the smooth operation of the iPhone, Apple does not allow users to send large files through the device. Actually, email only supports files under 25MB. Obviously, most videos are too large to send.
How to Send Videos from iPhone to Email?
As the saying goes, every problem has a solution. Luckily, there two ways that let you email videos from iPhone.
Way 1. Send Videos from iPhone to Email via Mail Drop
In fact, since iOS 9.2, a feature called Mail Drop is introduced to help users send large files from iPhone. As long as you have enabled Mail in your iCloud Settings and have an iCloud email address, you are able to send a file up to 5GB through an email link and the receiver has 30 days to download the attachments.
Steps to Send Long Videos from iPhone to Email via Mail Drop
1. Go to Photos app > Choose the video you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail option > Compose your email > Tap Send.
3. Then you will receive a message saying that the video is too large to send and you can choose to use Mail Drop > Simply tap Use Mail Drop option.
Turn on Mail Drop
If you have not enabled the Mail Drop feature, below are the steps to make it.
→ On iPhone:
Tap Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Advanced > Choose Send large attachment with Mail Drop.
→ On PC or iPhone:
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Log in with your Apple account and passcode.
2. Choose Mail > Click the Gear icon > Select Preferences...
3. Choose Composing > Select Use Mail Drop when sending large attachments > Click Done to confirm.
Way 2. Send Videos from iPhone to Email via Google Drive
Other cloud storage services can also do you a favor. You can first upload videos to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. and then you can email the uploaded videos through email. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
Steps to Send Long Videos from iPhone to Email via Google Drive
1. Download Google Drive on iPhone > Open it and sign in with your account.
2. Tap the plus icon > Upload > Photos and Videos > Choose the videos you want to transfer and let it finish uploading.
3. Click the uploaded video > Tap Get Link > Now you can share the copied link of the video via email.
Quick Way to Send Large Videos from iPhone to iPhone/Computer
It’s possible to email videos from iPhone, however, if your network connection is slow and the size is large, it may take a long time to complete the process. If you’d rather prefer a quick way to send videos from iPhone to another device, you may try FoneTool.
FoneTool is one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool. As for video transferring, it can help you transfer videos in any size from iPhone to another iPhone/iPad, iPhone to computer. Below are the detailed steps about how to use this tool.
Steps to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
1. Download, install and run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.
2. Click Phone Transfer on the left window, and move the cursor on iPhone to Computer option. Click Start Transfer.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination to save the videos on the Transfer Settings > If everything is OK, click Start Transfer to start.
That’s all for how to send videos from iPhone to email. You can take advantage of the Mail Drop feature to email a video directly. Or you can choose to first upload videos to Google Drive (or other services) and then email the uploaded videos to others. Hope this guide helps you somewhat.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad