Want to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPad?
Transferring videos from iPhone to iPad is a common need for anyone who owns both devices. After all, compared with iPhone, the iPad is a better photo & video post-processing device. The breathtaking XDR display of iPad Pro is great for viewing and editing HDR photos and videos.
There are main 3 methods that can help you make it and this guide will detail every method so that you can use them the right way. Here we go.
Way 1. How to Transfer Large Videos from iPhone to iPad without iCloud
Thanks to advanced technology, we can shoot fantastic videos with iPhone. However, a 4K video shot with iPhone can have 400MB per minute while the iMessage supports transferring files under 100MB and email only supports files under 25MB. And that’s why you get a notification saying that your videos cannot be sent.
If you want to transfer large video from iPhone to iPad, you can rely on one easy-to-use iOS data transfer tool - FoneTool. It supports the transmission of any size video and any type of video: photo video, music video, or movie.
It supports all iPhone and iPad models including the new iPhone 14, iPad 10 generation, iPad Air, Mini, and iPad Pro M2 released in 2022. Click the download button to get the tool.
Steps to Transfer Large Video from iPhone to iPad
1. Run FoneTool > Connect iPhone to computer > Enter the passcode on iPhone so the tool can access your device.
2. Click Phone Transfer option on the left pane > Mouse over the iPhone to PC, and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click the Start Transfer to save videos to the computer.
5. Unplug iPhone and plug in the target iPad > Click Phone Transfer >Mouse over PC to iPhone option. Click Start Transfer.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Start Transfer to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad.
Pros: Select videos to transfer; Transfer any kind of videos; Transfer purchased videos; Transfer between different Apple accounts
Cons: A computer is needed
Way 2. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPad Using AirDrop
AirDrop is one built-in utility that lets users transfer files from iDevice to another wirelessly. It can detect and connect devices with the help of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. For anyone who wonders how to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad via Bluetooth, then a viable answer can be AirDrop.
Steps to AirDrop Videos from iPhone to iPad
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone and iPad.
2. Turn on AirDrop on your iPhone and iPad: Go to Control Center > Press and hold the network settings section > Tap AirDrop to turn it on > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
3. On your iPhone: Go to Photos app > Choose the video you need > Tap the Share icon > Choose the name of iPad.
4. On the iPad: Hit the Accept to receive the videos.
Pros: Quickly transfer videos wirelessly
Cons: Only supports photo videos transfer
Way 3. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPad Using iCloud
As long as you have enabled Mail in your iCloud Settings and have an iCloud email address, then you can choose to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad using iCloud. It offers a feature called Mail Drop to help you send large videos. The iCloud Photos should be turned on.
Steps to Get Videos from iPhone to iPad Using iCloud
1. Go to Photos app on your iPhone > Choose the video > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail > Compose your email > Tap Send.
3. Then you will receive a message saying that the video is too large to send and you can choose to use Mail Drop > Simply tap Mail Drop option.
► Enable Mail Drop function: Tap Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Advanced > Choose Send large attachment with Mail Drop.
► It allows users to send a file up to 5GB and the recipient has 30 days to download the shared files.
► It will start the transfer at once if the video has been already backed up to iCloud. If not, it will first try to upload the video to iCloud before sending it.
Pros: Transfer videos to anyone
Cons: iCloud Photos should be enabled
FAQs About Transferring Videos from iPhone to iPad
Can I Transfer Videos from My iPhone to My Friend's iPad?
Yes, you can. If you want to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad using a different Apple ID, you can use FoneTool or AirDrop to make it.
Can I Transfer Movies, Music Videos or TV Shows from iPhone to iPad?
Yes, you can. If you want to transfer videos downloaded or purchased from iTunes Store, you can use FoneTool. The tool is able to transfer any kind of video.
That’s all about how to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad, iPad Pro/Air/mini. If you have a computer, you can simply use FoneTool to help you transfer any videos in a few clicks. Or you make take advantage of AirDrop or iCloud to make it.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad