It’s easy to take videos with iPhone to record our daily life. However, it does not seem easy to transfer these videos to other devices. That’s why you come to this page - looking for a workable way to send videos from iPhone to computer, right?
Transferring videos from iPhone is a bit different from transferring other files. In order to prevent the server from overloading and ensure the smooth operation of the iPhone, Apple does not allow users to send large files through the device. However, usually, the video is large in size. In this case, you may find iPhone video not showing up in Windows Explorer.
But don’t worry, here in this guide, we will show you all possible ways that can help you transfer videos from iPhone to PC in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7. Then you can delete the videos from iPhone to free up space or edit videos with video editing software. To better illustrate these methods, according to whether to use the USB cable, we divide these methods into two categories.
Part 1. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer with USB
Here are three ways that can help you send videos from iPhone to computer using the USB cable. If you want to transfer photo videos as well as movies, music videos, TV shows or want to transfer large videos from iPhone to PC, then Way 1 is your best choice.
Way 1. Transfer Different Types of Videos from iPhone to PC
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data backup and transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC users. It can help users transfer important data between iPhone and computer or from iPhone to another iPhone.
Now download this tool on your computer and follow the steps below to transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPhone screen so that the software can access your device.
2. Click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Confirm the videos that will be imported to your computer > Choose a destination to save the videos > If everything is OK, click Transfer to transfer videos from iPhone to PC.
Note: If you want to transfer iPhone videos to flash drive or external hard drive, please simply plug in your flash drive/external hard drive and then choose the drive as the destination.
Way 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC via Windows Explorer
As long as your iPhone is recognized by your computer, then you can go to This PC/Computer to find your iPhone and copy photo videos to your computer.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Trust this computer on your iPhone.
2. Go to Computer or This PC to find your iPhone > Double-click your iPhone > Open Internal Storage.
3. Then you will see the DCIM folder > Open this folder and you will see one or more folders, labeled 100APPLE, 101APPLE, 102APPLE, etc. > Open the folder and you can see your pictures and videos > Copy and paste your videos to your computer.
Way 3. Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC via Photos App
For Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 11 users, the Photos app is a good choice to export iPhone photos and videos. After the video is transferred to the computer, it can help you delete the video from the phone if you want.
1. Run Photos app and plug in your iPhone.
2. Click Import > Select From A USB device. Then it will start looking for photos and videos on your iPhone.
3. Click Import Settings and you can set the destination, decide whether to delete the items from your iPhone after you import them to your PC > Click Done to continue.
4. Select the videos you want to transfer to PC > Click Import Selected to transfer videos from iPhone to PC.
Part 2. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC Wirelessly
Here are three ways that can help you send videos from iPhone to PC wirelessly. Both methods can help you transfer large videos.
Way 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC Wirelessly via Mail Drop
Mail Drop is a new feature that comes with iOS 9.2 and it lets you transfer a file up to 5GB. You can send the video via email and the recipient will have 30 days to download it before it expires. Please note that there is a storage limit of 1TB. If the file you send exceeds this limit, you need to wait 30 days for the file to expire before sending more files.
1. Go to Photos app > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail option > Compose your email > Tap Send.
3. Then you will receive a message saying that the video is too large to send and you can choose to use Mail Drop > Simply tap Use Mail Drop option.
Way 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC Wirelessly via Google Drive
Cloud storage services make it possible to share files among different devices. You can first upload videos to the cloud storage service on iPhone and then download the videos on your computer. Take Google Drive as an example.
1. Go to App Store to download Google Drive > Open the app and sign in.
2. Tap the “+” icon > Tap Upload > Tap Photos and Videos > Select the videos you want to upload to Google Drive.
3. Then go to the Google Drive website on computer to download the videos.
Way 3. Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC Wirelessly via Snapdrop
Although Windows PC does not support AirDrop, there are AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer files between iPhone and PC. Like Snapdrop, Xender, SHAREit, etc. Here we take Snapdrop as an example to show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC.
1. Go to the Snapdrop website (https://snapdrop.net/) on computer and iPhone.
2. Tap the icon on your iPhone screen and it will give you three choices: Take Photo or Video to transfer, go to Photo Library to select photos/videos, or Browse other files on your device.
3. Click one option to select the videos you need.
4. When the transfer is done, click the Download button to save videos on computer.
That’s all about how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer. Hope one of the methods can help you complete the transfer. If you want to transfer large videos from iPhone to PC quickly, then AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice. With a stable USB connection, video can be transferred to the computer in no time. If you meet any problems, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad