[4 Ways] How to Add Music to Video on iPhone for Free
Want to add music to iPhone video but do not know how? This guide will show you how to use three free video editing tools to add music to a video on iPhone.
Want to Add Music to Video on iPhone for Free?
Thanks to the advanced camera of the iPhone, we can shoot wonderful videos to record unforgettable moments in life. If you add background music, the video is even better. So how to add music to iPhone video? There are three ways for you to choose from:
● The optimal choice can be iMovie app. It’s Apple’s own video editor and you can use the app interchangeably across all your Apple devices.
● For the Memories collections that Photos app created, you can customize those Memory videos to change the music as well as title or other media.
● Besides, there are many video editing tools that can help you add music to video, such as Clips, InShot, VivaVideo, etc. You can get them from App Store.
Now let me introduce these three methods in turn. You can read them first, and then choose a method according to your situation. Besides, in case you want to transfer videos from iPhone to computer, I’ll also tell you an easy way to make it.
Way 1. How to Add Music to Video on iPhone via iMovie
iMovie app is one video editing app developed by Apple, which provides many editing functions to make the video better. You are allowed to add soundtracks and theme music, songs from the Music app, songs that you created in GarageBand or other apps, songs from iCloud Drive.
Steps to Add Music to iPhone Video via iMovie
1. Download iMovie from App Store and open it.
2. Tap Projects at the top > Tap the “+” icon.
3. Choose Movie > Select the video you want to add music > Tap Create Movies to continue.
4. Tap the “+” icon on the left side of the timeline screen > Tap Audio.
5. Then you will be given the option to select an audio file > Tap Songs or other options (You are allowed to add soundtrack, them music, background music stored on device, music or audio in iCloud Drive).
6. Select the track you want to add and then it will be added to your video timeline > You can tap to change the duration of the audio file and adjust its volume level > Finally, tap Done in the upper left corner and the video will be saved in the Photos app.
Way 2. How to Add Music to Video on iPhone via Photos
Since iOS 10 and later, there’s one feature called Memories in the Photos app. It will create a collection of your photos and videos. The automatically created Memory already has background music, but you can replace it with other options in the music library.
Steps to Add Music to a Video on iPhone via Photos
1. Go to Photos app > Tap For You > Choose the Memory you want to customize.
2. Tap the Play button to preview the video > Tap Edit > Tap Music.
3. It will let you pick from the genres such as Blues, Classical, Country, Dance, Electronic, Holiday.
4. After you make changes, tap Done to confirm > You can choose to save the video on iPhone or share it via AirDrop, Messages, or Mail.
Way 3. How to Add Music to Video on iPhone via InShot
Besides iMovie and Photos app, there are lots of video editing tools that can also help you add music to a video on iPhone. You can easily download them from App Store. Let's take a free video editing app called InShot as an example to show you how to add music to video.
Steps to Add Music to iPhone Video via InShot
1. Download InShot app from App Store.
2. Open InShot > Tap Video under Create Now > Give it the required access so that it can access your videos.
3. Choose the video you need > Tap the Music option > Tap Tracks to select the tracks you want to add.
4. Edit the timeline to fit your video > If it’s OK, tap the share icon and choose Save to save the videos.
Way 4. How to Add Music to Video on iPhone via Spotify
It's possible to add music from Spotify or other apps while shooting video. Below are the steps to add music to video on iPhone via Spotify.
Steps to Add Music to iPhone Video Spotify
1. Go to Spotify and tap to play the song you want to add the video.
2. Open the Camera app and stay in Photo mode.
3. Go to Control Center and tap the Play icon to play the song.
4. Tap and hold the shutter button and it will start shooting video.
5. When you are done recording, just release the shutter button. You can slide the shutter button to the right to give your thumb a rest if you want to take a long video.
The video will be saved to Photos app and you can check it like normal.
Tip: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
From the above, you know how to add music to video on iPhone. Here in this part, I’ll show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer in case you want to make a backup for your videos.
One professional iOS data backup & transfer tool named FoneTool is recommended here. This tool can help you transfer videos of any size without affecting the video quality. Besides, it also can help you transfer videos from iPhone to another iPhone/iPad.
Steps to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer with FoneTool
Download, install and launch FoneTool. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 14/13, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2022.
1. Launch FoneTool Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.
2. Click the iPhone to PC option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click Start Transfer > Choose the storage path on Transfer Settings (You can also choose to transfer videos from iPhone to flash drive or external hard drive.) > Click Transfer to start.
That’s all about how to add music to video on iPhone. There are many tools that can help you achieve the goal. You can choose the most suitable one according to your needs. After you have added music to the video, you can transfer your precious memory to computer via FoneTool.