Thanks to the advanced camera of the iPhone, we can shoot wonderful videos to record unforgettable moments in life. If you add background music, the video is even better. So how to add music to iPhone video? There are three ways for you to choose from:
● The optimal choice can be iMovie app. It’s Apple’s own video editor and you can use the app interchangeably across all your Apple devices.
● For the Memories collections that Photos app created, you can customize those Memory videos to change the music as well as title or other media.
● Besides, there are many video editing tools that can help you add music to video, such as Clips, InShot, VivaVideo, etc. You can get them from App Store.
Now let me introduce these three methods in turn. You can read them first, and then choose a method according to your situation. Besides, in case you want to transfer the videos to computer, I’ll also tell you an easy way to make it.
Way 1. Add Music to Video on iPhone via iMovie
iMovie app is one video editing app developed by Apple, which provides many editing functions to make the video better. You are allowed to add soundtracks and theme music, songs from the Music app, songs that you created in GarageBand or other apps, songs from iCloud Drive.
Steps to Add Music to iPhone Video via iMovie
1. Download iMovie from App Store and open it.
2. Tap Projects at the top > Tap the “+” icon >
3. Choose Movie > Select the video you want to add music > Tap Create Movies to continue.
4. Tap the “+” icon on the left side of the timeline screen > Tap Audio.
5. Then you will be given the option to select an audio file > Tap Songs.
6. Select the track you want to add and then it will be added to your video timeline > You can tap to change the duration of the audio file and adjust its volume level > Finally, tap Done in the upper left corner and the video will be saved in the Photos app.
Way 2. Add Music to Video on iPhone via Photos
Since iOS 10 and later, there’s one feature called Memories in the Photos app. It will create a collection of your photos and videos. The automatically created Memory already has background music, but you can replace it with other options in the music library.
Steps to Add Music to a Video on iPhone via Photos
1. Go to Photos app > Tap For You > Choose the Memory you want to customize.
2. Tap the Play button to preview the video > Tap Edit > Tap Music.
3. It will let you pick from the genres such as Blues, Classical, Country, Dance, Electronic, Holiday.
4. After you make changes, tap Done to confirm > You can choose to save the video on iPhone or share it via AirDrop, Messages, or Mail.
Way 3. Add Music to Video on iPhone via InShot
Besides iMovie and Photos app, there are lots of video editing tools that can also help you add music to a video on iPhone. You can easily download them from App Store. Let's take a free video editing app called InShot as an example to show you how to add music to video.
Steps to Add Music to iPhone Video via InShot
1. Download InShot app from App Store.
2. Open InShot > Tap Video under Create Now > Give it the required access so that it can access your videos.
3. Choose the video you need > Tap the Music option > Tap Tracks to select the tracks you want to add.
4. Edit the timeline to fit your video > If it’s OK, tap the share icon and choose Save to save the videos.
Tip: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
From the above, you know how to add music to video on iPhone. Here in this part, I’ll show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer in case you want to make a backup for your videos.
One professional iOS data backup & transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper is recommended here. This tool can help you transfer videos of any size without affecting the video quality. Besides, it also can help you transfer videos from iPhone to another iPhone/iPad.
See How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer with AOMEI MBackupper:
Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 12 (Pro Max/Pro/mini), 12-inch iPad Pro (5th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation).
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.
2. Click the Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose the storage path on computer (You can also save videos to flash drive or external hard drive.) > Click Transfer to start.
That’s all for you how to add music to iPhone video. There are many tools that can help you achieve the goal. You can choose the most suitable one according to your needs. After you have added music to video, you can transfer your precious memory to computer via AOMEI MBackupper.