How to Transfer Recorded Videos from iPhone to Computer
Want to transfer recorded video from iPhone to PC but do not know how? This guide will show you 3 ways about how to transfer recorded videos from iPhone to computer.
Due to the advanced camera of iPhone, we can take wonderful videos to record unforgettable moments in daily life. However, the videos always take up lots of storage space, especially the high-quality 4K videos. A 4K video shot with iPhone can have 400MB per minute. There is no doubt that the iPhone will soon run out of space due to those large video files. So you want to transfer recorded videos from iPhone to computer, right?
You may know that you can simply copy and paste iPhone photos and videos through Windows Explorer: connect your iPhone to computer > find your iPhone in This PC/Computer > open iPhone > find photos and videos > copy selected items to computer. However, many users have reported that the iPhone DCIM folder not showing videos problem. The video seems too large to copy.
Well, don’t worry, there are other three methods that can help you transfer recorded video from iPhone to PC. Both three methods are able to transfer large videos from iPhone to PC without effort. You can first read these methods and then choose the most suitable one to follow according to your situation.
FoneTool is one easy-to-use iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC users. It is able to transfer videos, photos, songs, contacts, messages and more between iPhone and computer.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer recorded video from iPhone to PC. You can download this tool and give it a try by yourself.
Steps to Transfer Recorded Videos from iPhone to Computer via FoneTool
1. Download, install and run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click Start Transfer > Choose a destination to save the videos > If everything is OK, click Transfer to start.
● Note: You can also choose to transfer videos from iPhone to flash drive. Simply plug in your flash drive and select the drive as the destination.
Mail Drop is a new feature that comes with iOS 9.2. This feature lets users send a file up to 5GB, while most email platforms have size limits and won’t let you send an email larger than 25 MB. There are few files that won't make it through Mail Drop and you can transfer recorded videos from iPhone to computer easily.
Although Mail Drop transfer emails and attachments via iCloud, it does not count against your iCloud storage. After the mail is sent, the recipients can download Mail Drop attachments for 30 days. But please note that each user has a storage limit of 1TB. If you reached the 1 TB Mail Drop storage limit. you need to wait 30 days for the file to expire before you can send more files.
Steps to Transfer Recorded Video from iPhone to PC via Mail Drop
1. Go to Photos app > Choose the video you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail option > Compose your email > Tap Send.
3. Then you will receive a message saying that the video is too large to send and you can choose to use Mail Drop > Simply tap Use Mail Drop option.
4. Check the email and download the video on your computer.
This is another wireless way that allows you to transfer recorded videos from iPhone to computer. Although the AirDrop is not available on Windows PC, there are AirDrop-like tools can help you share files between iPhone and PC. Snapdrop, Xender, SHAREit, Zapya are the most recommended. Here we take Snapdrop as an example.
Steps to Transfer Recorded Video from iPhone to PC via Snapdrop
1. Open a browser and go to Snapdrop website (https://snapdrop.net/) on computer and iPhone.
2. Tap the icon on your iPhone screen and it will give you three choices: Take Photo or Video, Photo Library, and Browse.
3. Click one option to select the videos you need.
4. When the transfer is completed, click the Download button to save videos on computer.
That’s all for how to transfer recorded videos from iPhone to computer. You can connect your iPhone to computer via USB and then transfer selected videos with the help of FoneTool. If you want to do it wirelessly, you can take advantage of Mail Drop or Snapdrop. Hope it helps you somewhat.