How to Restore iTunes Backup to New iPhone 15/14/13
This guide will tell you how to restore iTunes backup to new iPhone. In addition, we will also introduce another simpler method that can help you restore iPhone from backup without iTunes.
Why Restore iTunes Backup to New iPhone?
Nowadays, transferring data from an old iPhone to a new one is not a difficult task anymore. Apple is always releasing new features to make the transfer easier and easier. You can even set up new iPhone from old iPhone and transfer data wirelessly.
However, wireless transmission is not perfect. From time to time, users complain about the problems with the device-to-device migration, such as “iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck”. Well, relatively speaking, wireless transfer is not as reliable as wired transfer because wireless transfer will be affected by many factors like Internet. In this case, many people would choose to restore iTunes backup to new iPhone.
In the past, restoring a backup was the only way to transfer data to a new iPhone. Nowadays, it is also a viable method. It can help you transfer all content and settings from old iPhone to the one. Without much ado, let’s see how to restore backup to new iPhone. In addition, we will also introduce the method to restore iPhone from backup without iTunes.
How to Restore iTunes Backup to New iPhone
Preparation: Make sure iTunes is up to date; Make sure there is a backup available; Have your Apple account and password ready.
1. Open your new iPhone and follow the on-screen prompts to set up your new iPhone.
● If you have already set up your iPhone, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings to restat.
● If you do not want to erase your iPhone, you can choose to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup.
2. When you see the App & Data screen, choose Restore from Mac or PC.
3. Connect your new iPhone to computer and wait for iTunes to detect the device. (On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, you should open Finder.)
4. On the welcome screen, choose Restore from this backup > Select the right backup and click Continue.
5. Enter passcode if the backup is encrypted.
6. Wait for iTunes to complete the restore procedure. Please keep the iPhone and computer connected until the restoration is complete.
Solutions to Can’t Restore iTunes Backup to New iPhone Problem
Generally speaking, although it will take a long time to restore iTunes backup to new iPhone, there are usually no problems. However, sometimes users will encounter the new iPhone cannot restore backup error.
Why you can’t restore iTunes backup to new iPhone?
● Probably because iTunes version is too old and you should update iTunes to the latest version.
● There's something wrong with your backup file. You can delete the old backup and make a new one.
If you don't want to waste time on upgrading iTunes and creating new backups, there is another way to help you restore iPhone from backup without iTunes.
How to Restore iPhone from Backup without iTunes
FoneTool is one professional iPhone backup and transfer tool for Windows PC users. When iTunes goes wrong, you can let the tool help you restore backup to new iPhone in a few clicks.
Steps to Restore iPhone from Backup without iTunes
1. Download and install FoneTool on your computer.
2. Launch FoneTool and connect your new iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. Click the three-line icon > Choose Import Backup Files option > The backup file created by iTunes is stored in a folder named by the device UDID. You need to select the Manifest.db file in the folder to import.
5. Finally, click Start Restore to begin the restore progress.
Directly Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
If there is a problem with your backup file, you can choose to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without backup. It will transfer all your content and settings for you just like iTunes.
Steps to Directly Transfer Data to New iPhone
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect old iPhone and new iPhone to computer.
2. Choose iPhone to iPhone and click Get Started.
3. Confirm the source iPhone and the target iPhone > Enable backup encryption if you want to backup private data such as Fitness records, Health and Keychain.
4. Finally, click Start Transfer to begin the transfer. Your new iPhone will be restarted automatically when the transfer is complete.
That’s all about how to restore iTunes backup to new iPhone 15/14/13/12. To ensure a smooth restoration, it’s recommended to update iTunes to the latest version. If you want to restore iPhone from backup without iTunes, FoneTool can do you a favor.