Top 5 Fixes to iPhone to iPhone Transfer Stuck Problem
Want to transfer data to new iPhone 13 but iPhone migration stuck? This guide will tell you how to fix the iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck problem.
Nowadays, transferring data to new iPhone is not a difficult task. The device-to-device migration of Quick Start can help users transfer data directly from the previous iPhone to the new iPhone. However, it’s not a bug-free utility, just like all other tools in the world. Many users have reported the iPhone migration stuck issue, such as:
- iPhone to iPhone Transfer stuck on setting up Apple ID
- iPhone to iPhone Transfer stuck on enter iPhone passcode
- iPhone to iPhone Transfer stuck on preparing to transfer
- iPhone to iPhone Transfer stuck on 1 minute remaining
Have you also encountered such transferring data to new iPhone stuck issue? Well, various reasons can cause this issue, such as system errors, iPhone glitches or poor Wi-Fi connection. But don’t worry too much, next I’ll show you several solutions that can help you get out of trouble.
How to Fix iPhone to iPhone Transfer Stuck
Please try the following methods in turn to troubleshoot the iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck problem.
Tip 1. Make Sure Two iPhones Are Running on iOS 12.4 or Later
Quick Start can help you set up new iPhone from old iPhone. However, the device-to-device migration is only available for iPhones running iOS 12.4 or later. So please make sure that your current iPhone is using iOS 12.4 and later. You can go to Settings > General > Software Update to have a check.
If your current iPhone does not support iPhone migration, you can move to the next part to get another way to transfer all data quickly.
Tip 2. Keep Two iPhones Near Each Other
The transfer will only work when two iPhones are near each other. Otherwise, you will meet the iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck issue. Please keep your old iPhone near to the new iPhone throughout the process.
Tip 3. Wait for a While
Data transfer can be affected by many factors, especially wireless transfer. A poor network connection or any other minor problem can cause the iPhone migration stuck issue. It may take more time than you think. Just be patient and wait for a while.
Tip 4. Check Network Connection
As we said before, the poor Wi-Fi connection will lead to the transferring data to new iPhone stuck problem. You may reboot the router to have a try. Besides, please make sure that both iPhones have connected to the same Wi-Fi.
Tip 5. Check New iPhone
If it has been stuck for a long time, go check out your new iPhone. The data transfer may have been completed, but for some reason, it is stuck in the interface. If everything is fine, you can stop the transfer process or force restart your iPhone.
Many reasons can cause the iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck error. It would be lucky if one of the methods helped you get out of trouble. However, you may have tried all methods but none of them worked. Take it easy! There is another way to transfer data to your new iPhone.
FoneTool, one professional iPhone data backup & transfer tool can help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone the way you want. USB transfer is more stable compared to wireless transfer. You can complete the transfer with amazing speed.
→ One Click Transfer
The iPhone to iPhone Transfer can help you transfer photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, etc. with one click.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect old iPhone and new iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to iPhone.
3. Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in the source iPhone > Click Start Transfer.
→ Selective Transfer
FoneTool also lets you selectively transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos and songs. It’s a good choice if you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup because it will not erase any existing data on the device.
1. Open FoneTool > Plug in old iPhone.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC.
3. Then you can click the icon to select the files you want to transfer (Here we choose photos) > Click Start Transfer > Choose a storage path and click Transfer.
4. Unplug old iPhone and plug in new iPhone > Choose Phone Transfer and go to PC to iPhone.
5. Click the Add icon to choose the files exported from old iPhone.
6. Finally, click Start Transfer to add data to new iPhone.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone Wirelessly
FoneTool also has a mobile app that can help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. It can help you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts or any other files saved in Files app.
1. Download FoneTool from App Store.
2. Turn on FoneTool on two iPhones and allow FoneTool to use WLAN. FoneTool does not need to be connected to WiFi, it only needs to use WLAN related services.
3. Go to Connect Device and tap the avatar on either iPhone to establish a connection.
4. Now you can go to File Transfer to transfer needed data. For example, you can choose photos and tap the Send button to transfer photos to new iPhone.
That’s all about how to fix the iPhone to iPhone transfer stuck issue. If all the methods do not help you get rid of the problem, you can choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes backup to transfer data. If you do not have a backup file, let FoneTool help you transfer data directly.