Can You Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup?
After getting the new iPhone, the first thing is to set it up. Besides, Apple makes it easy for users to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. You can choose to restore data from iCloud/iTunes backup, or directly transfer data with the Transfer from iPhone feature if both two devices are running on iOS 12.4 and later.
However, due to some reasons, you didn't transfer old iPhone data to the new one during the setup process. Now you have already set up your iPhone but find that you need some data stored on your old device. So you may wonder: Can I transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup? The answer is YES! Keep reading to get the method.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup
To move data from iPhone to iPhone after setup, there are two ways you can choose from.
● If there is no important data on your new device, you can choose to erase your iPhone and restart the setup process to access the data transfer screen.
● If you do not want to erase your iPhone or want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, that's to say, if you want to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone after setup or want to transfer data to new iPhone after setup without iCloud, then you can let one third-party tool help you make it.
Way 1. Transfer Data to New iPhone After Setup via Setup Process
If you do not mind erasing your iPhone, you can first reset your iPhone and restart the setup to access the data transfer option. Generally, you can choose to backup iPhone using iCloud or iTunes and restore to the new iPhone. Or if both two iPhones are running on iOS 12.4 or later, it allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly without backup.
● Erase your iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset (Transfer or Reset iPhone in iOS 15 and later) > Erase All Content and Settings to erase your device and restart the setup process.
● You'll then see "Hello" in many languages > Choose your language > Select your location.
● Use Quick Start or not.
> If your old iPhone is running on iOS 11 and later
1. You can place your old iPhone near your new iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your old iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone > Tap Continue if that’s the correct Apple ID > Follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.
2. Then you can choose to Download from iCloud to restore iCloud backup. If your old iPhone is running on iOS 12.4 and later, you can also choose Transfer from iPhone to directly transfer old iPhone data.
> If your old iPhone is not at hand or it does not support Quick Start
1. Tap Set Up Manually option.
2. Join the Wi-Fi network > Set up Face ID or Touch ID > Set your passcode.
3. Then you will come to the App & Data screen. Choose Restore from iCloud Backup or choose Restore from Mac or PC according to your situation.
Restore iCloud Backup to iPhone
1. Sign in to iCloud and choose the right backup.
2. If you have purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you will need to sign in to each or you can skip this step.
3. Keep your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and it’s recommended to plug the device to the power until the restore process is done.
Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
2. Click the Device tab > Go to Summary > Choose Restore Backup > Choose the correct backup > Enter the password if you need to restore from an encrypted backup.
3. Complete the setup process when the restoration is finished.
Way 2. Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup via FoneTool
If you do not want to erase your iPhone, one third-party tool named FoneTool can help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone after setup. It will not erase existing content on the device.
It provides two transfer methods. You can transfer all the data with one click, or you can selectively transfer the data you need. First download FoneTool and follow the steps below to transfer data to new iPhone.
Free Download FoneTool
FoneTool supports all iPhone models including the newest iPhone 14/13/12/11/iPhone SE 2022, iPad, iPad Air/Pro/Mini and works well with the latest iOS 16/15. So you can also use this tool to transfer data from iPhone to iPad after setup.
> How to Transfer Everything from iPhone to iPhone After Setup
You can let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer feature help you transfer all data and info from old iPhone to new iPhone with one click. It is able to transfer photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference), system settings to another iPhone.
1. Connect two iPhones to computer and run FoneTool.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Choose iPhone to iPhone option.
3. Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in source device > Click Start Transfer to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone. (It will overwrite the corresponding data in the target iPhone.)
> Selectively Transfer Data to New iPhone After Setup without iCloud
Two steps are needed to selectively transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after set up: backup data on old iPhone and then restore the data to new iPhone.
It can help you transfer selected contacts, messages, photos, videos, and songs. You can preview and choose the needed items before the backup and restore.
Backup Data on Old iPhone
1. Launch FoneTool and plug in your old iPhone.
2. Click Phone Backup > Choose Selective Backup and select the data you want to backup.
◆ You can click each icon to select the items you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup.
Transfer Data to New iPhone
1. Unplug your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone > Choose Backup History.
2. Click the three-dots icon > Choose Restore.
3. You can click the icon to preview and select the data that will be restored to your new iPhone > If everything is OK, click Start Restore to transfer data to new iPhone.
> Transfer Data to New iPhone After Setup from Android
If you want to transfer data to new iPhone from Android after setup, you can first export Android files to computer and then add data to iPhone via Transfer to iPhone feature.
1. Choose Phone Transfer > Find PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
2. Click Photos, Videos, Music or Contacts icon and choose the files exported from Android or you can drag and drop files to the box.
3. Click Start Transfer to import files to new iPhone.
That’s all about how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. If you do not mind data erasing, you can reset your iPhone and restore from iCloud or iTunes backup.
If you want to transfer data to new iPhone after setup without iCloud/iTunes, try FoneTool to help you transfer all data or selected data without data erasing.
Does this passage solve your problem? If so, you could share this "How to transfer data to new iPhone after setup" guide to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad