Need to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone?
The new iPhone is on the way. It is said that the iPhone 13 series may have a 1TB drive and 120Hz display, lot of people are looking forward to it. Besides, the price of older iPhone models is expected to drop after the iPhone 13 releases, it can be the best time to switch to a new iPhone.
When you switch to a new iPhone, you don't want to lose everything on the old one, like photos, videos, messages, contacts, app data, settings, and so on. Next, we will list 4 common ways to help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without losing a thing.
How to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone 13/12/11
Generally, there are 4 most commonly used ways to perform this operation. You can directly transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with AOMEI MBackupper or quick start, or backup and restore data using iCloud and iTunes.
AOMEI MBackupper is a professional iOS transfer tool enabling you to quickly and easily transfer all data, including photos, videos, messages, contacts, music, app data, call history, system settings, and other data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone 13/13 mini/ pro/ max/11 series/X.
Compared with other tools, it comes with more features making it to be the best choice to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone with a USB.
Next, download and install this software, then refer to the guide below to see how to use it.
Part 1. How to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone
Step 1. Connect both iPhones to your computer with USB cables. Run AOMEI MBackupper, and click "iPhone to iPhone Transfer" on the main interface.
Step 2. The target iPhone the destination iPhone will be listed here, you can encrypt the transfer option if you need.
Step 3. Click "Start Transfer" to execute it.
• Please make sure the iOS version of the targeted iPhone is no lower than the source iPhone.
• The available space of the targeted iPhone should be bigger than the data
Part 2. How to manually transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
AOMEI MBackupper is a professional backup and restore tool enabling you to selectively backup data and restore to another iPhone. So with its help, you can partically transfer data to new iPhone.
Step 1. Connect the old iPhone to the computer. Run AOMEI MBackupper, and click "Custom Backup".
Step 2. Check the file type you want to transfer, and you can click the icon to choose the specific files. For example, here we choose Photos and Videos.
Step 3. Choose the specific items, and click "OK".
Step 4. Choose a location to save the backup. Then click "Start Backup".
Step 5. When the backup is completed, disconnect the old iPhone and connect the new iPhone to the computer.
Step 6. In Backup Management, choose the backup you just created, and click "Restore" to the new iPhone.
Quick Start is an official way to set up a new iPhone quickly. Before iOS 12.4 was released, Quick Start just lets you transfer a few settings, like WIFI and Apple ID. Apple has just made it easier for full iPhone migration. After iOS 12.4, you can transfer data like photos, contacts to your new phone without special preparation. You just need to position your old iPhone next to your new iPhone when activating it.
All the data on your iPhone will be copied to your new iPhone. The apps would be download later. It is convenient but sometimes you will find iPhone migration not working or it just failed, because wireless data migration can be affected by too many factors. You can try method 2 to stably transfer iPhone data.
1. Put your old iPhone near your new iPhone and toggle on the Bluetooth of your old iPhone.
2. Choose Continue when your old iPhone asks you to set up your new iPhone with your Apple ID.
3. Scan the image on your new iPhone with your old iPhone.
4. Input your current password on your new iPhone.
5. Set up Touch ID on your new iPhone.
6. Choose to transfer from iPhone and connect the iPhones to the same Wi-Fi network.
iCloud is a way to sync iPhone to iPhone data provided by Apple. It provides each user 5GB of free space to backup iPhone photos, videos, messages, and other data. With this tool, you can make a backup in your iCloud, and restore the backup to your new iPhone 13/12/11.
According to the Apple official website, the iCloud backup includes
• App data
• Apple Watch backups
• iPhone settings
• Home screen and app organization
• iMessage, SMS
• Photos, and videos
• Purchased history from Apple services
• Visual Voice mail password
If you want to transfer data from one iPhone to another, follow the steps below.
Backup iPhone to iCloud
Step 1. Go to "Settings" on the old iPhone.
Step 2. Tap "Your Name" banner, and tap "iCloud Backup".
Step 3. Make sure the "iCloud Backup" is enabled, and click "Back Up Now".
Restore to new iPhone
1. Turn on your new iPhone, follow the setup guide to choose your language, region, network, and so on.
2. When it asks you to choose a way to restore data, choose "Restore from iCloud backup".
3. Select the latest backup your made, then follow the guide to complete the setup.
You can use iTunes to transfer app data, but you can’t preview the data old iPhone, also have no chance to select iPhone data but you can know what iPhone backup includes in advance. Data like pictures, videos, music, and messages stored in iCloud, and Touch ID settings, and information about Apple Pay can’t be backed up.
1. Download iTunes and connect old iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click the device icon in the upper-left corner and then click Back Up Now. It will take minutes. After the backup is completed, disconnect old iPhone and connect new iPhone to computer.
3. Connect the new iPhone to the computer, and click the device icon and then click Restore Backup.
The data on your old iPhone might be still useful, and this guide tells you how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone 13/12/11 easily. You can choose a method according to your need. You can backup and restore with iCloud or iTunes, or directly transfer data using QuickStart.
But by contrast, AOMEI MBackupper is a better choice, it allows you manually or wholly transfer iPhone data. Besides, it also supports wipe iPhone data clean after wiping to protect personal data if you want to sell the old iPhone.