With the improvement of iPhone shooting capability, you can take lots of beautiful photos on your iPhone. but as time goes by, these photos or videos can eat up your iPhone storage. In this case, you can backup iPhone photos to computer, external drive, or iCloud, and delete these photos to free up iPhone space.
In addition, an iPhone is easy to experience some unexpected issues leading to data loss. So if these photos are really important to you, you can create a backup for them. Once your iPhone data is gone, you can easily restore them to your iPhone after the problem is solved.
Next, you can follow the next content, which would give you the easiest ways to do iPhone backup photos.
The best way to backup iPhone photos is saving them to your computer. This would protect your privacy better than saving them to the cloud. AOMEI MBackupper could help you to quickly backup photos from iPhone to computer. It is a free professional iPhone backup software. You could easily backup photos as many as you want with it.
● Select Photos: In AOMEI MBackupper, you could preview every photo on iPhone 13/12 and filter the unneeded ones.
● Fast Speed: AOMEI MBackupper is the fastest photo transfer when you backup and restore iPhone photos.
● Backup to external drive: AOMEI MBackupper is capable of saving backup to external hard drive, USB drive, PC, and any place you like.
● Incremental backup: This tool allows you to only backup added photos the next time you back up, so it can save space and time.
● Widely Compatible: AOMEI MBackupper supports iOS 15/14, iPhone 13/12 Pro/12/11/XS, and other previous iOS and iOS devices.
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone
Download AOMEI MBackupper to computer for free. Connect your iPhone to PC with USB cable. You need to Trust This Computer on iPhone the first time you connect iPhone to this PC.
Step 2. Select Photos Backup feature
On the home screen of AOMEI MBackupper, select "Photos Backup" or "Custom Backup" to quickly go to photos backup mode.
✍Note: You can backup iPhone music, videos, messages, contacts with the "Custom Backup" feature. And Photos Backup is designed to only backup photos.
Step 3. View photos on iPhone
In this window, you will see the icon of Photos. Click it to view your photos.
Step 4. Select photos on iPhone
You will see all the photos on your iPhone. Select the photos you want to backup or select all of them by one click.
Step 5. Backup photos on iPhone
Select the storage path on the lower-left corner and click Start Backup to backup iPhone photos immediately.
Apart from backing iPhone photos to computer, you could also backup iPhone photos to iCloud. iPhone users usually transfer photos after upgrading iPhone in this way. If you have problems during the process, refer to this guide Photos Did Not Transfer to New iPhone.
Most photos in the Photos app would be saved to iCloud. Photos synced with iTunes could not be save to iCloud because you could only sync iPhone photos with iTunes when iCloud Photos is disabled on iPhone, and enable iCloud Photos again on iPhone would erase these photos. Enable iCloud Backup on another iPhone could download every iCloud photo to that device. Also, you could backup iPhone photos to PC with iCloud, but you need to download these pictures from the site of iCloud or using the client of iCloud.
Steps to enable iCloud photos syncing:
1. Go to iPhone Settings > tap [your name]
2. Enter iCloud > Select Photos
3. Switch on iCloud Photos. to upload photos from iPhone to iCloud.
iCloud would save most of the necessary data when you backup iPhone with iCloud. If iPhone says there is no enough iCloud storage, you should reduce the content by entering iCloud >Manage Storage > Backups > [device name]. You could download iCloud backup to PC if you just need the photos later. You should know that if you have already enabled iCloud photos in method 1, these photos would not be saved to this iCloud backup again.
Steps to make iCloud backup:
1. Go to iPhone Settings > tap [your name]
2. Enter iCloud > Select Backups
3. Enable iCloud Backup
Does iTunes backup include photos? You might have used iTunes to purchase and manage media files but do you know how to save iPhone to iTunes on computer? First, you should know what iTunes backup includes. It works in a similar way as iCloud does, saving most necessary data on iPhone. If your iCloud storage is full, you could use iTunes to save iPhone photos to computer. You should also know that iTunes would not save the photos already uploaded to iCloud.
Steps to make iTunes backup:
1. Download iTunes. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click the phone-shape icon in the upper-left corner.
3. Click Back Up Now in Summary.
Microsoft Photos is an app in Windows 10. You could also use it to directly transfer photos from iPhone 12 to Windows 10, but sometimes it doesn't work when iPhone screen is locked.
Steps to back iPhone photos to Windows:
1. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click the Start Button and open Photos.
3. Select Import from USB Device.
This is how to backup iPhone photos to PC, iCloud, or external drive. Your photos would be safe when there is a copy of them.
Using AOMEI MBackupper is considered the best way to back up your photos because it is fast and professional, helping you do iPhone backup photos.
Share this passage and it would help more people.