After getting the new iPhone, the first thing is to transfer data from old
iPhone to it. However, it seems that things do not work smoothly as you expected: you
find your photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone or not all photos transferred to new iPhone. Actually, it’s a quite common problem that
many users have reported. Don’t be too worry, there are some solutions you can try to fix
this annoying problem.
Why Didn’t My Photos Transfer to My New iPhone?
Before we start to see the solution, let’s learn some main reasons that can lead to the photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone problem.
1. You've logged in with an incorrect account. The iCloud accounts on two devices should be the same. Otherwise, the photos will not be transferred to another one.
2. The iCloud backup does not contain your photos. If you have turned on the “iCloud Photo Library” option, then your iCloud backup will not contain your photos.
3. Poor Network Connection. The data syncing requires a stable network connection and the transfer may be interrupted because of the disconnection.
How to Fix Photos Didn’t Transfer to New iPhone?
From the above, you know “why didn’t my photos transfer to my new iPhone”, and here in this part, I’ ll list all the potential solutions that you can help you troubleshoot the problem. These methods apply to all iPhone models, including 12/11/XR/XS/X/8.
Solution 1. Check the iCloud Account
First make sure that you have logged in with the same iCloud account that you used on your new iPhone. Go to have a check: Open Settings app > Tap your name >Then you will see your Apple ID, make sure the account is correct. If not, just log out and sign in with the account that you have linked to your old iPhone.
Solution 2. Turn on iCloud Photo Library
The iCloud Photo Library feature helps you automatically upload photos to iCloud. If you have turned it on your old iPhone, then your photos have been already uploaded in iCloud and they will not be included in the iCloud backup.
You may have not turn it on on your new device, so you meet the photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone issue. In this case, just go to Settings > tap Photos & Camera > turn on iCloud Photo Library option to let it download your photos from iCloud to your device.
Solution 3. Check Internet Connection
The photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone problem will occur due to the network connection error. Please make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
You can try to reset network connection to make it: go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You need to re-connect Wi-Fi but it will not affect your data security.
Solution 4. Just Wait
Sometimes the restore seems to look complete but it is still downloading information in the background. The time it takes to finish the transfer depends on the size of your data and the speed of your Wi-Fi. It may take many hours to download all the data. Just leave your new iPhone plugged into power and connected to Wi-Fi and wait for it to finish the downloading.
Solution 5. Transfer Photos to New iPhone via iTunes
You may also choose to transfer photos to new iPhone by restoring from an iTunes backup. Just like restoring from iCloud backup, the existing data on your new iPhone will be erased and replaced by the iTunes backup content.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your old iPhone to computer and run iTunes.
3. Click the Device tab > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now. Wait for the backup to be finished.
5. Click Restore Backup… at the Summary page on iTunes >Then choose the backup that contains the photos you want to transfer > Click Restore to make it.
Solution 6. Transfer Photos to New iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
Besides iCloud and iTunes way, there’s another way that can help you transfer photos to new iPhone without effort. That’s AOMEI MBackupper. It’s one professional iPhone transfer tool that offers a safe way to help you transfer data between two iDevices.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Export photos from old iPhone to computer
② Transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone
You can preview and select the photos you want to transfer. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
AOMEI MBackupper supports all models of iPhone including the latest iPhone 12 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 14. Download the tool on your PC and follow the steps below to transfer photos from iPhone to new iPhone.
Export Photos on Old iPhone
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your old iPhone to computer > Enter the passcode on iPhone to give the computer access to your device.
2. Click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click the Transfer to save pictures to the computer.
Transfer Photos to New iPhone
5. Unplug the old iPhone and plug in your new iPhone > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK/Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer to transfer photos to your new iPhhone.
That’s all for how to fix photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/X/8 problem. Does any of the methods have solved your problem? If so, you could share it to help more people. If you have any other ideas, just shart it with us in the comment section.