How to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/X
This guide will show you how to find duplicate photos on iPhone. You can go to the Photos app and find them yourself, or let the deduplication tool quickly find all the duplicate photos with one click.
- Is There A Way to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone?
- Way 1. How to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone Manually
- Way 2. Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone via Deduplication Tool
- Way 3. How to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone with Google Photos
- Final Words
Is There A Way to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone?
With the advanced camera of iPhone, everyone can take great photos. In order to get the best one of that moment, we usually don't just take one shot but try many times to get the perfect composition or the right light. However, over time, you will find that photos consume your space and those duplicate photos should be condemned.
It’s time to delete duplicate photos on iPhone to free up space. Most people have thousands of photos on iPhone, is there an easy way to find duplicate photos from a large number of photos? Well, normally, you can go to Photos app to find duplicate photos by yourself. If you have a large photo library, it’s recommended to let deduplication tools help you find all duplicate photos at once.
Way 1. How to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone Manually
If you do not want third-party apps to access your photos, you can try to find duplicate photos manually. This process can be time-consuming, depending on how many photos you have stored on your iPhone because you have to find them by yourself.
Steps to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone Manually
> Search by Category
Duplicate images and similar photos are usually taken at the same time or in the same place. You can check your pictures by date or location to find duplicate photos.
- View by date: Open Photos app > Tap Library > Tap Days.
- View by location: Go to Photos app > Tap Albums > Choose Places.
> Search by Keywords
Go to Photos app > Tap Search > Tap the search bar and enter one keyword to search for specific people, places, etc.
Way 2. Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone via Deduplication Tool
If you have a large photo library, you can let third-party apps help you quickly find all duplicate photos on iPhone.
There are many duplicate photo cleaners for iPhone, such as Gemini Photos, Cleaner for iPhone, Remo Duplicate Photos Remover, etc. and you can get them from App Store. In addition, some PC-based iPhone data management tools also provide such features.
Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone via Gemini Photos
Here we take Gemini Photos as an example to show you how to find duplicate photos. Gemini is an often recommended photo de-duplication tool. It will find duplicate pictures and similar-looking pictures.
1. Download Gemini Photos from App Store.
2. Open the app and let it scan your photos. (Gemini Photos is one paid app but users can try all the Gemini features free for three days.)
3. When the scan is finished, you can go to the Duplicates or Similar folder to find your duplicate photos.
4. You can tap the Delete button to remove unwanted photos. The deleted photos will be moved to Recently Deleted album in Photos app.
Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone via FoneTool
FoneTool is one PC-based iPhone data management tool. Its Photo Deduplication feature will scan your photo library and find all duplicate photos. Then you can delete unwanted photos quickly. In addition, it can also help you find duplicate photos on computer.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Choose Toolbox > Photo Deduplication.
3. Click Scan iOS Device option.
4. Set the filter date range > Click Start scanning.
5. It will list all duplicate photos on your device. You can click Delete button to remove unwanted photos.
• If you wish, you can click on the Migrate to option to move the selected photos to your computer.
• If you want to find duplicate photos on computer, please click the Scan Computer option and choose the location you want to scan.
• FoneTool is good at data transfer between iPhone and computer. You can click the Phone Transfer and choose iPhone to PC option to transfer photos from iPhone to computer for further editing.
Way 3. How to Find Duplicate Photos on iPhone with Google Photos
If you are using Google Photos to back up your photos, you can take advantage of its Search feature to find duplicate photos. It will analyze all your photos and group them based on Google's algorithm. For example, when you search for a keyword like “beach”, Google Photos will pull up all photos related to "beach".
Steps to Find Duplicate Photos in Google Photos
1. Open Google Photos on your iPhone.
2. Tap the search bar and enter what you want to find > Then it will list all similar-looking images.
3. If you want to delete some duplicate photos, you can tap and hold the pictures you want to delete > tap the Trash Can icon to make it.
That’s all about how to find duplicate photos on iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/X. It’s not difficult to find duplicates on iPhone and delete them. To save time and energy, you may use deduplication tools to achieve the goal.
PS: Before deleting duplicate photos, you can first backup iPhone photos in case you accidentally delete some important ones.