Need a duplicate photo cleaner
I had recently started a huge job of trying to organize my family photos. And I found many duplicate photos on my computer. Is there a good program to find and delete all duplicate photos on my computer disk?
- Question from dpreview.com/forums
Why need a duplicate photo cleaner?
When people take photos of a person or scenery, it is very common to tap the shutter more than once to capture the best moment. But you will have a large amount of duplicate or similar pictures piling up and your photos will be in a mess. Besides, if you backup your photos on a disk, the backup disk will be full very soon.
But it is a tiresome job to manually find and delete these redundant pictures if you got tons of them. So, to organize your photos and free up disk storage, a professional duplicate photo cleaner for PC is somehow necessary.
The Best free duplicate photo cleaner for Windows PC
FoneTool can be the best free duplicate photo finder and remover for Windows. With this tool, you can easily and successfully scan your photos to find and clean duplicate images.
And it has lots of advantages to meet different requirements.
• Easy to use: This software comes with a user-friendly interface, and anyone can easily handle this work.
• Quick Scan: It provides a fast-scanning speed. If you have a huge number of pictures, it could be your best choice.
• Great accuracy: FoneTool can effectively find any photos looking similar or appearing twice or more times.
• Selective scanning: You can choose one or some folders if you don’t want to scan the whole disk to save your time.
• High compatibility: It support identify similar images from HDD/SD card/USB drive/and other external disks/iPhone/iPad.
How to remove duplicate photos with FoneTool
Then you can follow the tutorial below to see how to use this tool.
Before we get started, you need to：
Free download the duplicate photo cleaner for PC
If your photos are kept on an external disk, please connect them with a Windows computer
Step 1. Run this duplicate photo remover, and click "Toolbox" > “Photo Deduplicate”
Step 2. Once the program launched, click “Scan Computer” to filter photos on the computer.
Step 3. Click “Add Folder” and select the folder(s) you want to scan. Then click “Start scanning”.
✍ Note: If the selected path contains some subfolder, please check “Scan Subfolder” at the lower corner of the interface.
Step 4. After the scanning finished. All duplicate and similar pictures will be shown. Choose the photo you want to delete. You can delete them now or Migrate to another place.
✍ Warning: Migrating photos to another place will also delete the photos on the selected path.
This post introduces the best free duplicate photo cleaner for PC and guides you on how to delete duplicate and similar photos on Windows 10/11/8/7 computer or external disk. After cloning you can transfer them to another location with this tool.
Besides, FoneTool is more than a photo duplicate remover but is an iOS data manager & transfer tool. It enables you to convert HEIC photos to JPG, backup, and transfer iPhone photo to desktop/PC, and so on.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad