How Do I AirDrop Photos from iPhone to PC
I have 2K photos on my iPhone X. They have taken gigabytes of space so I want to send them to my Windows PC. I used to AirDrop photos to my Mac, so I wonder whether I can use AirDrop to transfer photos to my Windows PC this time. If possible, how can I do that?
- Question from Apple Community
Can You AirDrop Photos from iPhone to PC
High-quality photos on iPhone will take much storage and post-progress in PC software would make them more beautiful, so that sometimes you need to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
AirDrop is introduced in 2011 to help users share data between Apple products. It can help transfer photos, music, contacts, or other data over the air. However, so far, AirDrop can only run on platforms like iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers. There is no AirDrop client to download for Windows computer.
But it does not mean you cannot "AirDrop" from iPhone to PC. You want to AirDrop photos from iPhone to PC probably because you want a wireless transfer method. If so, AirDrop is not the only way. There are many AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer photos from iPhone to PC without USB connection.
Part 1. How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to PC
When you search AirDrop for Windows in Google, the search results may disappoint you because there is no official download site. As we mentioned above, AirDrop is a unique feature of Apple products and it's not available on Windows PC.
But in fact, AirDrop is not the only tool that can help users transfer files between iPhone and Windows PC wirelessly. There are many AirDrop-like apps that also provide this feature, such as Snapdop, SHAREit, Xender, etc. They can help you transfer photos and other data via Wi-Fi connection.
Steps to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to PC via Snapdrop
1. Go to Snapdrop website (https://snapdrop.net/) on iPhone and computer.
2. Tap the icon on your iPhone screen and it will give you three choices: Take Photo or Video, Photo Library, Browse.
3. Click one option to select photos you want to transfer.
4. When the transfer is completed, click the Download button to save your photos on computer.
Part 2. An Easy Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
You can AirDrop photos from iPhone to Windows PC via AirDrop-like apps. But compared to wireless transfer, the wire transfer is faster. The transfer speed will not be affected by the network. If you transfer more than 500 photos wirelessly, it might fail to transfer some of them.
If you want a quick and safe way to transfer photos, you can try FoneTool. It is one iOS data backup & transfer tool for Windows PCs. You can let it help you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts, messages and more between iPhone and computer.
● It lets you preview and select the pictures you want to transfer.
● It lets you transfer pictures in Camera Roll or other albums.
● The picture will be kept in original quality without any damage.
● It can perfectly work well with iPhone, including the latest iPhone 14/13/12, and be compatible with iOS 16/15.
Step 1. Prepare FoneTool
Download FoneTool to computer and connect iPhone with USB cable.
Step 2. Select the Feature
After FoneTool recognizes your iPhone, select Phone Transfer on the left side. Move cursor to iPhone to PC > Click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Preview and Select iPhone Photos
Select the needed ones. Click OK then.
Step 4. Transfer Photos
If you think you have selected enough pictures, click Start Transfer to export photos to computer right away. And you can choose a location to save the files on the Transfer Settings.
- If your photos are saved in HEIC format, you can let HEIC Converter help you convert HEIC to PNG/JPG/JPEG.
- We usually take a lot of photos in a second to get the best one, but this will result in a lot of duplicate photos. You can let Photo Deduplication Tool help you find duplicate photos on iPhone and delete them to free up space.
Part 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC via iCloud
You can also use iCloud to transfer photos from iPhone to PC wirelessly. You have 5GB of free space to store your photos. First upload photos to iCloud on iPhone and then download photos from iCloud to PC. Please note that it will upload all photos. If you just want to transfer needed pictures, you can refer to Part 2 to get the method.
1. Upload Photos from iPhone to iCloud
Connect iPhone to a stable and fast Wi-Fi, go to Settings > tap [your name] > select iCloud > select Photos > switch on iCloud Photos. There are no options to select some photos to update. Wait for it to upload all the iPhone photos to iCloud.
2. Download Photos from iCloud.com
On computer, open a browser and go to iCloud.com > sign in with your Apple ID and passcode > click Photos > download photos you uploaded before.
You can’t AirDrop photos from iPhone to Windows PC but you can let AirDrop-like apps help you transfer photos wirelessly. By the way, if you want a quick way to transfer photos, you could use FoneTool. It can help you transfer all kinds of photos without effort.
Share this passage and it would help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad