[2023 Upated] How to Set Up New iPhone 14/13/12/SE
This post is a complete guide to help you set up new iPhone 15/14/13/12. Besides, the method to transfer data from current Android phone or iPhone to new iPhone will also be introduced.
The new iPhone 15 introduces a beautiful new design packed with innovative features, it’s no wonder that you want to set it up quickly and have fun with your new device.
If it’s your first iPhone, don’t worry, no matter what model you have, you can refer to the following content. This guide shows you how to activate and set up new iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/SE.
and the way to transfer data from the current Android phone to it. If you just get a new iPhone 13 to replace the old one, you can also follow this guide to move data during the setup process.
Before setting up a new iPhone, there are some notes you can take a look at. These preparations can help you complete the activation more smoothly.
◆ If you want to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone, you can first backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes. Then you can choose to restore from the backup when activating the new iPhone. (If it’s inconvenient for you to make a backup, you can also use Quick Start utility to transfer data to new iPhone directly but it requires your old device running iOS 11 and later.)
◆ If you want to transfer data from the Android phone to new iPhone, you can download Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play.
◆ If you have already set up your new iPhone but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase the device.
Here are all the steps to activate set up iPhone 15/14. The whole process seems kind of complicated at a glance but it’s not that difficult if you follow the guide step by step.
1. Unbox your new iPhone and insert the SIM card. (If you get your new iPhone directly from a carrier, it will usually come with the SIM card already inserted.)
2. Turn on your device: press and hold the device’s power button until you see the Apple logo.
3. You will see "Hello" in many languages. Follow the steps to get started.
4. Choose your language, and choose your location (country or region). It affects how the information looks on your iPhone, including date, time, contacts, and more.
5. If your old iPhone is running iOS 11 or later, you can here utilize the Quick Start utility to automatically set up your new device. For detailed steps, you can refer to Part 3 to get it. If you do not have another device with iOS 11 or later, please tap Set Up Manually to continue.
6. Tap the Wi-Fi network that you want to use or select a different option. Or if the W-Fi is not available, you can choose Use Cellular Connection.
7. Set up your Face ID and Touch ID. With these features, you can use your face recognition or fingerprint to unlock your device and make purchases. Tap Continue and follow the instructions to make it or tap Set Up Later in Settings.
8. Set a six-digit passcode to help protect your data. You will need this passcode to use features like Face ID, Touch ID or Apple Pay. If you prefer four-digit passcode, custom passcode, or no passcode, tap Passcode Options.
9. Then you will come to the App & Data screen. You can choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes backup, transfer directly from iPhone or choose Move Data from Android (Part 3 offers detailed steps). You can also choose Don't Transfer Apps & Data to continue.
10. Enter your Apple ID and password, or tap Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID? to create a new one. Or you can just skip it and make it later in the Settings app.
11. Decide whether to share information with app developers and allow iOS to update automatically.
12. Set up Siri and other services or tap Set Up Later in Settings.
13. Set up Screen Time and more display options or tap Set Up Later in Settings. Screen Time lets you set time limits for daily app use.
14. Tap Get Started to begin using your new iPhone!
Here are the steps about how to transfer data from Anroid phone to new iPhone & iPhone to new iPhone.
1. Set up your iPhone until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your new iPhone: Tap Continue > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Note: Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even you see the transfer complete notice on your Android phone.
5. It may take a while to finish the transfer depending on how much content you're moving. After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on Android phone > Tap Continue on new iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
There are two methods you can try to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. If you want to transfer all iPhone content & settings wirelessly, you can make use of Quick Start. If your old iPhone does not support the feature, you can try one professional transfer tool - FoneTool.
→ Steps to Transfer Data to New iPhone via Quick Start
Be aware that the Quick Start will occupy both the current iPhone and the iPhone which means that they are otherwise unusable.
1. Place your new iPhone near the current iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your current iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
2. Make sure that it's the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue. If you don't see the option to continue on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. An animation will appear on your new iPhone > Hold your old iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the viewfinder > Wait for a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
Note: If you can't use your current iPhone camera, tap Authenticate Manually. You will receive an authentication code on your new iPhone, enter that code on the current iPhone.
4. Enter your current iPhone passcode on new iPhone.
5. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone. When asked, enter your Apple ID password on your new iPhone.
6. Your new device offers the choice of restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup or updating your current device's backup and then restoring. You can also choose whether to transfer some settings related to location, privacy, Apple Pay, and Siri.
If your old iPhone is running on iOS 12.4 or later, you can choose Transfer from iPhone to transfer your data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone without backup.
→ Steps to Transfer Selected Data to New iPhone
iPhone transfer tool FoneTool provides two transfer solutions: full transfer and selective transfer. Full transfer helps you transfer all content and settings with one click. Selective transfer lets you transfer contacts, messages, photos, songs, and videos selectively.
One Click Transfer
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect the current iPhone and new iPhone.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Choose iPhone to iPhone Transfer and click Start Transfer.
3. Confirm the target iPhone and the source iPhone > Enable backup encryption > Click Start Transfer.
● To transfer data to new iPhone, you should first backup old iPhone to computer and then transfer selected items to new iPhone. It will not erase any existing data on the device, you can transfer data at any time after the setup.
Backup Old iPhone:
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your current iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Backup > Choose Selective Backup and select the data that you want to transfer to iPhone.
Note: You can click the icon to preview and choose the items. Here we click Contacts, for example: select the contacts you need and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup to start backing up your current iPhone.
Transfer Data to iPhone:
1. Unplug your current iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup History screen by clicking the View button.
2. Choose the backup files and click the Restore option.
3. You can click each icon to choose the items you want to transfer to iPhone> If everything is OK, click Start Restore to make it.
Above are how to set up new iPhone 15/14/13/12/SE. You can transfer data to your new iPhone during the setup process or you can let FoneTool help you transfer data after setup. If you meet any problems, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section and we will reply to you as soon as possible.