Can You Transfer Data to New iPhone without Backup
After getting the iPhone, the first thing that comes into your mind probably is - how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. Of course, you can first make a backup with iCloud and then restore that backup to new iPhone.
However, iCloud only offers 5 GB of free storage space for you to store iOS data which is far from enough. So you prefer a no-backup way and is it possible? Well, you can turn to iPhone Migration for help. It’s one new function that comes along with iOS 12.4, which can help users transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without backup.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
Since iOS 11, there comes a new Quick Start utility to help users set up new iPhone using the information from your current device. And then you can choose to restore from iCloud backup to transfer files from old iPhone to it.
To make things easier, with iOS 12.4 and later, Apple adds a new option in Quick Start called iPhone Migration. It can help users transfer all data wirelessly or via a direct cable connection from the current iPhone to the new one which makes it possible to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud backup.
If the Wi-Fi is not stable, you can transfer data using a wired connection. You'll need the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable. Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to your current iPhone, then plug the Lightning to USB Cable into your new iPhone and connect the other end to the adapter.
Steps to Transfer Data to New iPhone via iPhone Migration
Be aware that the Quick Start will occupy both the current iPhone and the current iPhone which means that they are otherwise unusable.
1. Turn on Bluetooth on your current iPhone and turn on your new iPhone.
2. Place your new iPhone near the current iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your current iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
3. Make sure that it's the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue.
4. An animation will appear on your new iPhone > Hold your old iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the viewfinder > Wait for a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
If you can't use your current iPhone camera, tap Authenticate Manually. You will receive an authentication code on your new iPhone, enter that code to the current iPhone.
5. Enter your current iPhone passcode on new iPhone.
6. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone.
7. Choose Transfer from iPhone option to begin transferring your data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone.
Please keep your devices near each other and plugged into power until the iPhone data migration process is complete. The time it takes based on factors such as the connection type that you're using, network conditions, and the amount of data being transferred. If there's a lot of data, it may take more than an hour to complete the transfer.
Another Way to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
The iPhone Migration only supports iOS 12.4 and later devices. Besides, it does not allow you to selectively transfer data. So here come’s another tool to help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud backup. That’s AOMEI MBackupper.
It's one professional iPhone backup and transfer tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It offers two transfer solutions to help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone: selective transfer & one click transfer.
The tool supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 13/12/11/SE 2020 and works well with the latest iOS 15/14. Get the tool now and follow the steps below to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in a few minutes.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without Backup - Selective Transfer
Here are the steps to selectively transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts and messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Backup data on old iPhone
② Restore the backup files to new iPhone
You can select the files you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to erase your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
① Backup Current iPhone
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your current iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Custom Backup you can select the data you want to backup.
◆ Note: You can here click the icon to choose the items you want to backup, here we click Contacts for example. Select the contacts you need and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup to start backing up your current iPhone.
② Restore to New iPhone
1. Unplug your current iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen by clicking the Back button.
2. Choose the backup files and click the Restore option.
3. You can click each icon to choose the items you want to restore > If everything is OK, click Start Restore to make it.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without Backup - One Click Transfer
The iPhone to iPhone Transfer feature can help you transfer all data and settings from iPhone to iPhone quickly.
1. Connect two iPhones to computer > Click iPhone to iPhone Transfer in the Tools bar.
2. Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption.
3. Click Start Transfer to begin the transfer. Your iPhone will automatically restart after the transfer is complete.
That’s all for how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without backup. The iPhone Migration is useful if your iCloud storage space is full and you don’t have enough room to perform a complete backup. It helps you directly transfer data from one iPhone to another. If your iPhone is running on iOS 12.4 earlier version or you just want to transfer the files you need, you can try AOMEI MBackupper to help you make it.
If this passage solves your problem, you could share it to help more people. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section and we will reply to you soon.