iPhone camera makes users easily take beautiful pictures without professional skills so that users love to record the moments of life. These photos would be precious, especially when you want to memorize someone or something.
If you have upgraded your old iPhone to new iPhone 12, don’t forget to take care of the previous photos. Some users simply wipe iPhone clean without any data backup or transfer, but they feel very regretful and want the photos back later.
Here in this guide, we will focus on how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro (Max), iPhone 12 mini. Whether you want to transfer photos without iCloud or without computer, you will find a way to make it.
AOMEI MBackupper is one fast iPhone data transfer tool owing to its professional way to transfer iPhone data. It can help you transfer photos, videos, songs and more between two iPhones, between iPhone and computer.
● Select Photos: Don’t want to transfer all the photos? It lets you easily filter unwanted photos.
● No Data Erase: The photos and any other data stored on the target device will not be removed.
● Widely Compatible: It supports iOS 14/13 and iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/11/XS/XR/X/8/7.
AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice if you want to transfer a large number of photos to iPhone 12. You can easily complete the conversion in a few clicks.
Example: Transfer Photos from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12
To save time and storage space, we first make a backup for photos and then restore that backup to iPhone 12.
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and Connect iPhone
Download AOMEI MBackupper for free and connect old iPhone to computer with USB cable. Trust this computer if you are asked on iPhone.
Step 2. Select the Feature
Open AOMEI MBackupper and select Photos Backup on the home screen. If you also wish to transfer more data like videos, music, contacts, or messages along with photos, select Custom Backup.
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, please choose Transfer to Computer option.
Step 3. Click Photos
Click the icon of Photos to preview all the photos on iPhone.
Step 4. Select Photos
View iPhone photos and select the needed items. Click OK.
Step 5. Save Photos
Select the storage path and click Start Backup to save all the photos to computer. Disconnect the old iPhone. You can keep the copy of your photo’s backup on computer. Maybe someday you need it to recover iPhone data.
Step 6. Transfer Photos
Connect iPhone 12 to AOMEI MBackupper and enter Backup Management. Select your backup and click Restore. Click Start Restore to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone 12.
iCloud is a cloud service for Apple users to backup and share iPhone data from the remote server. However, you have only 5GB of free storage and the transfer speed depends on your network condition. Besides, both iPhones need to be logged into the same Apple ID.
If you have many photos to transfer or you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID. AOMEI MBackupper in Way 1 is recommended.
1. Go to Settings and connect old iPhone to Wi-Fi.
2. Still in Settings, tap [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
3. Enable iCloud Photos (or iCloud Photo Library) and wait for all the photos to be uploaded to iCloud.
4. Set up your new iPhone 12 and enable iCloud Photos in the same way.
5. Wait for the photos to be downloaded to iPhone 12.
AirDrop makes sharing data between iOS devices easy and you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 12 without iCloud or computer. It is used like Bluetooth, but much faster than it.
1. Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both iPhones and put them near together. You don’t have to connect iPhone to an available Wi-Fi.
2. Enable AirDrop on both iPhones: Go to Settings app > General > AirDrop > Select Everyone.
3. On the old iPhone, go to Photos app, select photos you need.
4. Tap the name of your iPhone 12 to send photos by AirDrop.
5. Tap Accept on iPhone 12 to receive these photos.
iTunes could only be used to send photos to iPhone but could not extract specific items from iPhone. You need the help of Windows Photos on Windows 10 to get photos off iPhone first.
1. Connect old iPhone to computer with USB cable and keep the screen on during the whole process.
2. Open Photos app on computer. If it doesn’t prompt up automatically, you can input the text in the search bar to open it.
3. Click Import in the upper-right corner and then select From a USB device.
4. Select iPhone photos you want to transfer and then click Import Selected. Disconnect the old iPhone.
5. Download and install the latest version of iTunes. Connect iPhone 12 to iTunes with USB cable.
6. Click the device icon on the upper-left corner of iTunes.
7. Select Photos section in the sidebar.
8. Check Sync Photos and then select the folder of your photos.
9. Click Apply to transfer photos to iPhone 12.
You could store thousands of photos of your journeys and parties during the years. None of them should be left or gone. With the above 4 methods, you can quickly transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone 12.
If you want an easy, quick and safe way to transfer photos. AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice. It can help you transfer selected photos with amazing speed. Besides, you can also let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer tool transfer photos as well as other data to new iPhone 12 at once.