How Do I Transfer Photos from One Apple ID to Another
What is the easiest and suggested way to transfer all photos from one iCloud account to a different iCloud account and then close/purge the original account?
- Question from an iPhone User
Can I Transfer Photos from One iCloud Account to Another
For some reason, you have created a new iCloud account for future use. Since you have synced your iPhone data to iCloud, so you would like to transfer data from the old account to the new account, especially all the photos. Although Apple does not offer a direct way to transfer data from one Apple ID to another, you can make it in other ways. Keep reading to get the method.
How to Transfer Photos from One iCloud Account to Another
There are two ways to help you transfer photos from one Apple ID to another. To make the explanation more intuitive, suppose you want to transfer photos from Apple account A to account B.
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone directly, you can move to the next part to get the solution.
Method 1. Transfer Photos from One iCloud Account to Another on iPhone
When turning off the sync option of Photos, you will be asked if you want to save the data on your phone. You can take advantage of this to save your photos on iPhone and then sync them to your new iCloud account.
1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos > Turn off iCloud Photos > Choose to save photos on iPhone. (You can also choose to turn off Contacts or other toggles as per your needs.)
2. Sign out account A from iPhone > Sign in account B on iPhone and turn on the sync of Photos > Choose Merge and photos stored on the device will be synced to the new account.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from One iCloud Account to Another on Computer
If you have a computer, you can open a browser and go to iCloud.com to complete the transfer.
1. Visit iCloud.com and sign in with account A.
2. Click Photos > Then select the photos and videos you want to download and click the Download button.
3. Sign out of account A and sign in to account B > Click Photos again > Click the Import option to upload photos that exported from account A.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
From the above, we have talked about two ways to transfer photos from one Apple ID to another. Whichever method is used, you should first export photos from account A and then import photos to account B. If you want to transfer photos to another iPhone that uses a different Apple account, there is a simple way to make it.
One free iPhone transfer tool - AOMEI MBackupper can help you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone quickly.
● You can preview and select the photos before the transfer.
● It is able to transfer Camera Roll photos as well as other pictures.
● It will not erase any existing picture or other data on the target iPhone.
Download the tool on your PC and learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
Two steps are needed to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID: Transfer photos from source iPhone to computer > Transfer photos from computer to target iPhone.
Step 1. Transfer Photos from Source iPhone to Computer
• Open AOMEI MBackupper and plug in the source iPhone.
• Click Transfer to Computer option in the Tools bar.
• Choose the photos you need > Click OK to continue.
• Select a path to save your photos > Click Transfer.
Step 2. Transfer Photos from Computer to Target iPhone
• Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer.
• Click Transfer to iPhone option in the Tools bar.
• Click the Plus icon to browse and choose the needed photos.
• Click Transfer to add photos to your iPhone.
- If your iCloud is full of duplicate photos, you can let Photo Deduplication tool help you find and delete duplicate photos to free up space.
- If you want to transfer photos as well as text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference), system settings, you can let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer tool help you achieve the goal.
To transfer photos from one iCloud account to another, you should first export photos from the source account and then import them to the target account.
If you want a direct way to transfer photos and other files, you can try AOMEI MBackupper. It is able to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.