How to Transfer Contacts to New Apple ID?
I have a problem with my contacts, because my mom and I have the same apple id. I make for her another apple id but now I don't know how to transfer her contacts that stay in my apple id.
- Question from Apple Community
Question: Can You Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another
The iCloud provides an easy way to help users sync and manage iPhone contacts, messages, notes, calendars, etc. You can easily access those data on any iDevice as long as you’ve logged in with the same Apple ID. If you getting a new iPhone, it helps you directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone by turning on the Contacts in iCloud.
Besides getting one new iPhone, you may also want to use one new Apple ID to get a fresh start. In this case, comes a new question: how to transfer contacts to new Apple ID? Or you may forget your current iCloud account but want to transfer contacts to new iPhone. Keep reading to find all the methods: transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another & transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Apple ID.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another
Here in this part, I’ll detail two tested methods that can help you transfer contacts between Apple IDs. Choose one to follow according to your situation. For better illustration, suppose that you want to transfer contacts from Apple account A to account B. Let’s get it on.
Method 1. The Direct Way to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another
1. Before signing out the iCloud account A on your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Turn off Contacts > Choose Keep on My iPhone. (You can also choose to turn off other toggles as per your needs.)
2. Delete account A from this device.
3. Sign in with account B and turn on Contacts to sync. Then the contacts stored on the device will be synced to iCloud.
Method 2. Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another via iCloud.com
If you have a computer at hand, you can transfer contacts to iPhone from different Apple ID with the help of iCloud.com.
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Sign in with Apple account A.
2. Choose Contacts > Click the gear icon in the lower-left corner > Click Select All if you want to export all contacts. You can also use Shift or Ctrl to only select the contacts you need.
3. Click the gear icon again > Choose Export vCard… to download the contacts to computer.
4. Log out account A and then sign in with account B > Go to Contacts screen and click gear > Click Import vCard… to select the contacts exported from account A.
From the above, you know there are two methods that can help transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another. Both two methods are easy to operate. However, because you feel tired of using iCloud and the various annoying iCloud errors, you may want a no-iCloud way to make it. So in the following part, I’ll show you another easy way that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
Part 2. Another Easy Way to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
To make things easy, AOMEI MBackupper, one professional iPhone transfer tool for Windows PC is recommended here. It can help you easily transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in only a few clicks. No Apple account is required.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Transfer contacts from source iPhone to computer
② Transfer contacts from computer to target iPhone
You can select the contacts you need instead of all of them. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
It supports all models of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 13/12/11/SE 2020 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 15/14. Download the tool on your PC and follow the steps below to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
Two steps are needed to share contacts between iPhones with different Apple IDs: transfer contacts from iPhone A to computer > transfer contacts from computer to iPhone B.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone A that contains the contacts you want to transfer to computer.
2. Click Transfer to Computer option in the Tools bar.
3. Choose Contacts > Select the contacts you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
3. Select a backup path > Choose the format you prefer > Click Transfer to start.
4. Unplug iPhone A and connect iPhone B to computer > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
5. Click the "Plus" icon to browse and choose the contacts > Click Transfer to make it.
◆ As you can see, there is no need to use the Apple ID, so it also applies to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Apple ID.
◆ Besides contacts, you can also take it to transfer messages, photos, songs, videos.
◆ After the transfer, you can go to Settings to turn on the Contacts in iCloud to sync the contacts to the iCloud account you prefer.
If you want to transfer all data from iPhone to iPhone, you can choose iPhone to iPhone Transfer option under Tools. It is able to transfer almost all data with one click.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another. You can directly realize it on your iPhone or go to iCloud.com to make it. Or if you do not want to rely on iCloud, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you. It can help you transfer selected contacts to another iPhone without data loss.