How to Transfer Everything from One iPhone to Another
This guide will show you how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another. Whether you want to transfer data to a new or used iPhone, you can find the way here.
- Part 2. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another via iCloud
- Part 3. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another after setup
- Part 4. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another with iTunes
- Final words
How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another is a frequently asked question. Some users want to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone and others want to transfer everything from one iPhone to another used iPhone.
Fortunately, it’s easy to transfer everything from one iPhone to another. Apple is always trying to make data transfer easy. In addition, if the methods provided by Apple don't meet your needs, you can use third-party transfer tools. Let’s start to see how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another. We'll explain the pros and cons of each method in detail so you can find the one that works best for you.
If you want to transfer everything from one iPhone to another, then QuickStart is usually the first choice. It can help you set up new iPhone using the information from your current device and transfer everything wirelessly.
QuickStart can only be accessed during the setup process, so it’s a good choice if you want to transfer data to new iPhone. If you want to transfer data to a used iPhone, you need to reset the device first. Whatever, you can follow the steps below to transfer everything via Quick Start.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Please make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Please make sure both iPhones have iOS 12.4 or later installed.
- The system version of the target iPhone should be the same or higher than the source one.
- If the target iPhone is already set up, you should go to Settings > General > Reset (or Transfer or Reset iPhone) > Erase All Content and Settings to reset the device and restart the setup process.
1. Pleace two iPhones near each other > Wait until the Quick Start screen appears on the new iPhone.
2. Confirm the Apple ID and tap Continue.
3. When an animation appears on your new iPhone, capture it with your old iPhone > Then wait for it to activate your new iPhone.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your passcodes, Face ID, etc.
5. On the data transfer screen, select transfer directly from your previous device.
Please keep two devices near each other until the process is down. The transfer times vary based on the amount of data being transferred and the network speed. The faster the network speed and the smaller the amount of data, then the shorter the time required for transmission.
- Does Quick Start transfer everything? Yes, Quick Start will transfer almost all content and settings.
- If you meet any problems, you can go to this Quick Start Not Working on iPhone guide to get some solutions.
Pros: Transfer everything wirelessly; No need to backup the source iPhone
Cons: It will erase all existing content; Requires a stable Wi-Fi network; Data transfer between different Apple IDs is not supported
Part 2. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another via iCloud
This method is recommended if you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without old phone. You can first backup your old iPhone to iCloud and then restore that backup to complete the transfer.
Usually, each iPhone user has only 5GB of free space. Obviously, 5GB is far from enough to back up all the data. This leaves many users wondering how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another without iCloud. Well, in fact, you can use temporary iCloud storage to transfer data.
Since iOS 15, you can backup your iPhone with the temporary iCloud storage and restore that backup to another one. Please note that both iPhones should be running on iOS 15 and later. The backup will be saved for 21 days and you can get an additional 21 days before it's deleted.
Backup the source iPhone to iCloud
1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Choose Get Started > Turn on iCloud backup when asked.
2. Tap Continue > Choose Move All App Data with iCloud > Tap Done to confirm.
You can check the backup status under your name.
Restore iCloud backup on the target iPhone
When the backup is complete, you can turn on another iPhone and start the setup process. If it is one used iPhone, you should go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone and choose Erase All Content and Settings to reset the device.
1. Choose Set Up Manually and follow the on-screen prompts to set up the device.
2. Choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Enter your Appl ID and passcode > Select the backup you made before.
- Pros: Transfer everything wirelessly; Do not need the source iPhone during data transfer
- Cons: Only available for iOS 15 and later; It will erase all existing content; Requires a stable Wi-Fi network; Data transfer between different Apple IDs is not supported
Part 3. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another after setup
Transferring data with QuickStart and iCloud is easy. However, you need to erase your iPhone to start the process. If you do not want to restart the setup process, then you may want to know how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another after setup. In this case, you can use one third-party transfer tool and FoneTool is recommended here.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows PCs. The tool provides two transfer modes to help you transfer data in different situations.
● One-click transfer. It is able to transfer everything from one iPhone to another via a USB cable.
● Selective transfer. It is able to transfer selected files and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
What’s more, you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple IDs. With a stable USB connection, data transfer can be done quickly. Just click the download button to get FoneTool and see how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another after setup.
Transfer everything from one iPhone to another
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect two iPhones to computer via USB cable.
2. Choose Phone Transfer and go to iPhone to iPhone.
3. Confirm the source device and the target device > Enable backup encryption > Click Start Transfer.
Transfer selected files from one iPhone to another
FoneTool supports data between iPhone and computer. You can first export files from the source iPhone to computer and then transfer files to the target iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool > Plug in the source iPhone > Choose Phone Transfer and go to iPhone to PC.
2. Select the files you need and click OK. (FoneTool is able to transfer both purchased and non-purchased music.)
3. Click Start Transfer > Select a storage path to save the files and click Transfer.
4. Unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPhone > Choose Phone Transfer and go to PC to iPhone.
5. Select the files you exported before.
6. Finally, click Start Transfer to add files to the device.
If you want to transfer WhatsApp from one iPhone to another, you can choose WhatsApp Transfer.
- Pros: No need to reset iPhone; No need to use Wi-Fi; Supports data transfer between different Apple IDs; Supports full transfer and selective transfer
- Cons: Requires a computer and USB cables
Part 4. How to transfer everything from one iPhone to another with iTunes
You can also rely on iTunes to transfer everything from one iPhone to another, although this method is rather outdated and cumbersome. You should first backup the source iPhone to iTunes and then restore the backup to the target iPhone.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes from Microsoft Store.
2. Launch iTunes and connect the source iPhone to compluter.
3. After iTunes recognizes iPhone, chose Device tab > Go to Summary > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now.
4. When the backup is complete, unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPhone.
5. On the Summary page, choose Restore Backup > Select the correct backup and click Restore to confirm.
- Pros: No need to reset iPhone; No need to use Wi-Fi
- Cons: Requires a computer and USB cable; It takes a long time
That’s all about how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another. The four methods in this article can all help you transfer data to a new or used iPhone. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, you can choose the best method for your situation.