How to Transfer Photos from iCloud to New iPhone?
I just bought a new iPhone 12. It’s so nice. I have about 1000+ photos on iPhone 8, so anyone could tell me how to get photos from iCloud to new iPhone? I want to transfer photos to my new iPhone 12 as soon as possible.
- Question from Reddit
iPhone has a lot of fans all over the world. Every year Apple would release a new series of products. It’s time to get your favorite new iPhone and enjoy the latest creative design but your beautiful photos should not be neglected when you start to use your new iPhone.
iCloud provides us an easy way to help us transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. You can get photos from iCloud to iPhone in 3 ways. Please make sure that you have a good Internet connection, otherwise, you may meet the iCloud photos not downloading issue.
Preparation: Upload Photos to iCloud
Before you download photos from iCloud to new iPhone 13, you should save photos to iCloud from old iPhone. You could upload photos to iCloud in 2 ways, via iPhone or computer.
You have only 5GB of free storage in iCloud. If you have more photos, you should use another tool to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud.
#1 Via iPhone: Connect to Wi-Fi network > Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, and turn on iCloud Photos.
#2 Via computer: If you have photos stored on computer - Download iCloud client for Windows > check Photos and enable Download photos, Upload photos, or Create new folders in Options > go to Windows Explorer > Select iCloud Photos > enter the folder named Upload. You could directly copy the wanted photos to the folder.
Way 1. How to Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone via iCloud Photos
To get photos from iCloud to new iPhone 13, you can simply go to Settings to enable iCloud Photos option. It will download all photos saved in iCloud to your iPhone.
Steps to Get Photos from iCloud to New iPhone 13 via iCloud Photos
1. Make sure that you have signed in to the right iCloud account.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your account > Tap iCloud > Tap Photos > Turn on iCloud Photos > Choose Download and Keep Originals.
3. It will download photos automatically when your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi. You can plug in your iPhone and let it work all night.
Way 2. How to Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone via iCloud Backup
If you have a full iPhone backup in iCloud, you could choose to restore iPhone from iCloud backup when setting up iPhone. It's a good choice to get photos from iCloud to new iPhone 13 because it will restore photos as well as other backup files.
Steps to Get Photos from iCloud to New iPhone 13 via Backup
1. Erase your iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap Reset > Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Set up your iPhone until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Restore from iCloud Backup to make it.
Way 3. How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone via iCloud.com
If you want to selectively download photos from iCloud to iPhone, you can visit iCloud.com to choose the photos you need. The downloaded photos will be saved as a ZIP file and you can open it via the Files app.
Steps to Download Photos from iCloud to New iPhone 13
1. Open Safari > Go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode.
2. Choose Photos > Select the photos you want to download to iPhone > Tap More button > Tap Download > Tap Download again to confirm.
3. Go to Files app > Find the ZIP archive and tap it > A folder is created containing the files > Tap to open the folder.
An Easy and Quick Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone
iCloud is an Internet application. You might be freaking out because of the slow Internet or other problems connecting the server. Besides, it would be more difficult if you want to transfer data from iPhone to another one with different Apple IDs.
In this case, you can try AOMEI MBackupper. It's one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool for Windows PCs. It would help you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without Internet.
● Preview and Select: Only transfer the needed photos to save time and energy.
● Light Speed: AOMEI MBackupper would transfer every 100 photos in 2 seconds.
● Widely compatible: It supports the latest iOS 14/15. All iPhone models are perfectly supported.
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper.
2. Launch the tool and connect old iPhone to computer > Choose the needed photos > Click Transfer to save photos to computer.
3. Unplug old iPhone and plug in new iPhone > Transfer the photos to new iPhone.
That's all about how to get photos from iCloud to iPhone 13/12. You can sync photos via iCloud Photos, restore photos from iCloud backup or download photos from iCloud.com.
If you don't want to wait for the download, you could also use AOMEI MBackupper to quickly transfer photos. Besides, it can also help you transfer videos, music, contacts, messages and more.
If you like this passage, you could share it to help more people.