Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 12 (Mini)/Pro (Max): Best 5 Ways
This passage tells how to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 12/12 Mini/Pro/Pro Max in 5 ways to help you migrate setings, WhatsApps, and other old iPhone data.
The release of Apple’s new products is absolutely big news in the tech circle and also good news for Apple fans. The new iPhone 12 is released on October 23rd. It’s time to upgrade your iPhone 8/X/XR. iPhone 12 is the first iPhone that supports 5G, so it won’t you fall behind the new era.
To use your new iPhone as usual, you need to import everything from your old iPhone. The following section will lead you to learn how to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 12.
Quick Start lets you quickly set up iPhone and import some basic settings to your new iPhone 12. You will save a lot of time doing the tedious setup.
1. Enable Bluetooth on your old iPhone.
2. Start your iPhone 12 and place it near your old iPhone.
3. Wait for the prompt of Quick Start to appear on your old iPhone. Tap Continue.
4. Wait for the animation of blue dots appearing on your iPhone 12 and hold your old iPhone over the animation and let the camera scan it. Then you would get the message to Finish on New iPhone.
5. Enter passcode of your old iPhone on iPhone 12.
6. Set up fingerprint on iPhone 12 and start to use it.
If you think only familiar settings on new iPhone are not enough, you can transfer everything from old iPhone to iPhone 12 after Quick Start.
You need to keep putting your old iPhone near the new iPhone 12 and the process could last for hours if you have too much data on old iPhone. Wired connection will speed up the process if you have a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable.
1. After setting up your fingerprint, you will receive the message to Transfer Your Data.
2. Select Transfer from iPhone and the process will start.
The best way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone 12 after setup is using FoneTool because it is the fastest way to transfer all iPhone data to another device. And it lets you transfer only useful data like photos, videos, music, contacts, and messages.
FoneTool supports iOS 17/16/15/14/13 and all the iPhones including iPhone 15/14 series, iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 Mini/11 Pro Max/XS/XR/X/8/7/6S/6.
Step 1. Download FoneTool and connect the current and the new iPhone to PC with USB cable.
Step 2. Click "Phone Transfer" > Locate "iPhone to iPhone" and click "Start Transfer" on the main interface.
2. Here, your iPhones will be listed on the interface, click "Start Transfer" to start the operation. To transfer Health data and other private information, please encrypt the operation.
Then wait for the process to be finished.
Tip: If there is only one USB data cable to connect iPhone, it is suggested to try the “Full Backup” and then the “Restore” method.
Step 1. Connect the old iPhone to computer, and go to "Phone Backup" > "Full Backup".
Step 2. Connect the new iPhone to computer, find the backup and restore to new iPhone.
iCloud backup could be used to restore an inactivated iPhone. You need to make sure that the Internet is stable or iCloud backup will fail for poor network conditions.
1. Go to Settings app on old iPhone.
2. Tap [your name] > iCloud > Backup
3. Switch on iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now.
4. Waiting for the process completed and then start iPhone 12.
5. Connect iPhone 12 to a fast Wi-Fi, set up iPhone, and then select Restore from iCloud Backup.
iTunes helps send files from iPhone to iPhone 12 without the Internet on computer. You can transfer most iPhone data like WhatsApp chat history after setup. Read this guide What Does iTunes Backup Include before you restore iPhone 12.
1. Download the latest iTunes and connect old iPhone to PC with USB cable.
2. Click the device icon on the upper-left corner, after iTunes recognizes your iPhone.
3. Click Back Up Now and wait for about 15 minutes.
4. Disconnect the old iPhone and then connect iPhone 12 to computer.
5. Click the device icon and then click Restore Backup.
You can transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 12 in any way you like with this guide.
FoneTool is considered as the best way because it is free, fast, and professional.
You could share this passage to help more people.