[3 Ways] How to Wipe iPhone 14/1312/11 Clean
Before selling or recycling your iPhone, make sure all data has been completely erased. Read this guide to see how to wipe iPhone clean to prevent data leakage.
Everyone cares about privacy and that’s why you come to this page to find a way to completely wipe an iPhone. You know that file isn’t actually removed when you tap the Delete option. The files will be moved into the Deleted Files folder and can be restored with recovery software.
You certainly do not want to expose any personal details to anyone. In this article, I’ll show you 3 workable ways that can help you wipe iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 clean - no software can recover deleted files.
If you have no computer at hand, you can choose to wipe iPhone clean in the Settings app. It will help you restore your device to factory settings.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID passcode.
3. Wait for the erase. It may take a few minutes to completely erase all your data.
iTunes also offers a way to help users completely wipe an iPhone. The factory restore will erase all information on iPhone and install the latest version of iOS software.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. If you have enabled Find My iPhone feature, you should turn it off.
3. Run iTunes and plug in your iPhone.
4. Click the Device tab > Click Summary > Click Restore iPhone... option.
Above are two ways provided by Apple to help users erase an iPhone. Actually, many third-party tools also offer data erase solution. What’s more, the tool will erase the data multiple times, which makes it impossible to recover the data.
FoneTool is such an iOS data eraser that will deeply clear everything from iPhone in only one-click. You can click the download button below to get the tool to have a try.
1. Run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable and enter passcode on iPhone to give the software access to your device.
2. Click Toolbox > Data Eraser on the Home page.
3. Go to Erase all data and click Get Started.
4. Tick the option: I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data. Then there are two options available:
● Automatically activate iPhone and ignore initial settings.
● Deeply erase data to prevent recovery - If this option is checked, FoneTool will erase deeply, overwrite and erase the data multiple times to ensure that the privacy files in iPhone are not at risk of being restored.
5. Click Erase Data > Click Yes on when you see the warning message.
Note: You may need to enter your Apple ID and passcode to erase the iPhone smoothly if the Find My iPhone function is enabled.
That’s all for how to completely wipe an iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7. If you prefer the 1-click way to wipe iPhone clean, FoneTool can be your best choice. It will deeply erase your iPhone to prevent recovery.