Before you sell your iPhone, it’s important to make sure that all your data has been erased in the proper way. This is not only because it will prevent information from falling into the wrong hands, on the other hand, no one wants a mobile phone with old selfies on it.
If you have already backed up your iPhone or have transferred old iPhone data to the new one, this guide will show you every detail about how to reset iPhone 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 to sell.
►Notes for Anyone Who Have Not Backed Up iPhone
Backing up iPhone can ensure that no data is lost. iCloud only offers 5 GB free storage space and it’s not enough to store all iPhone data. You can backup iPhone with iTunes on computer instead but the backup files are unreadable.
■ Contacts, messages, photos, videos, songs are the most important data on your iPhone, right? To keep them safe, you can rely on FoneTool - one professional iPhone backup tool to help you backup your iPhone to your computer. Besides, it allows you to restore the backup files to any iDevice without data erase.
How to Reset iPhone 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 to Sell
Below are two ways to clear iPhone to erase all content and settings. You can take a few steps to erase everything using the Settings app. Or if you prefer a 1-quick way to make it, you can try FoneTool.
Way 1. Erase All Content and Settings in Settings (Recoverable)
Apple provides a workable way to erase your iPhone. After the reset, it will go to the setup process and you will have a clear device to sell.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General.
2. Scroll down to find Reset and choose it > Tap Erase All Content and Settings > Tap Erase Now.
3. Enter your passcode > Tap Erase [device name] > Enter your Apple ID and passcode to turn off "Activate Lock" and remove the device from "Find my iPhone".
Notes: If you are switching to a non-Apple phone, you can tap Deregister iMessage.
Way 2. Deeply Wipe Your iPhone to Prevent Recovery
Another way to erase iPhone is using FoneTool. It helps you deeply clear everything from iPhone in only one-click: Permanently erase all personal data and even the deleted files - 0 chance of being recoverable by any recovery tool in the world.
1. Free download, install and run FoneTool on your computer > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. You may need to enter passcode on iPhone to give the software access to your device.
2. On the Home interface, click Toolbox and choose iPhone Eraser.
3. Adjust the settings according to your situation.
4. Finally, click Erase Data > Click Yes to confirm.
That’s all for how to erase iPhone to sell. You can go to Settings app and choose "Erase All Contenet and Settings" to make it or rely on FoneTool to deeply erase your iPhone to prevent recovery.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad