Before you sell your iPhone, it’s important to make sure that all your data has been erased in the proper way. This is not only because it will prevent information from falling into the wrong hands, on the other hand, no one wants a mobile phone with old selfies on it.
If you have already backed up your iPhone or have transferred old iPhone data to the new one, this guide will show you every detail about how to reset iPhone 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 to sell.
How to Reset iPhone 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 to Sell?
Below are two ways to clear iPhone to erase all content and settings. You can take a few steps to erase everything using the Settings app. Or if you prefer a 1-quick way to make it, you can try AOMEI MBackupper.
Way 1. Erase All Content and Settings in Settings (Recoverable)
Apple provides a workable way to erase your iPhone. After the reset, it will go to the setup process and you will have a clear device to sell.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General.
2. Scroll down to find Reset and choose it > Tap Erase All Content and Settings > Tap Erase Now.
3. Enter your passcode > Tap Erase [device name] > Enter your Apple ID and passcode to turn off "Activate Lock" and remove the device from "Find my iPhone".
Notes: If you are switching to a non-Apple phone, you can tap Deregister iMessage.
Way 2. Deeply Wipe Your iPhone to Prevent Recovery
Another way to erase iPhone is using AOMEI MBackupper. It helps you deeply clear everything from iPhone in only one-click: Permanently erase all personal data and even the deleted files - 0 chance of being recoverable by any recovery tool in the world.
1. Free download, install and run AOMEI MBackupper on your computer > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable. You may need to enter passcode on iPhone to give the software access to your device.
2. On the Home interface, click Erase iPhone under Tools.
3. Tick the option: I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data. Then there are two options available:
● Automatically activate iPhone and ignore initial settings - without complicated activation process.
● Deeply erase data to prevent recovery - If this option is checked, MBackupper will erase deeply, overwrite and erase the data multiple times to ensure that the privacy files in iPhone are not at risk of being restored.
4. Finally, click Erase iPhone > Click Yes to confirm.
That’s all for how to erase iPhone to sell. You can go to Settings app and choose "Erase All Contenet and Settings" to make it or rely on AOMEI MBackupper to deeply erase your iPhone to prevent recovery.