Why Backup my iPhone is important?
iPhone has become a common tool in our life. What we did with our iPhones could be stored as pictures and videos, yet the data is also faced with the risk of loss. Many possible reasons could lead to a data disaster, such as a white screen, dropping, and water damage. Consequently, important photos and files might disappear for some reason. Lots of users had been regretful when they lost their last iPhone.
In a word, the frequently happening data disasters have raised people’s awareness of data backup. It would be beneficial to develop a habit to create iPhone backup in advance. If you don't want to lose data anymore, you need to backup the iPhone to minimize the loss.
Choose a reliable and powerful iOS backup tool
Now you have known the terrible results of data disasters, you would need to choose a great and reliable iOS backup tool.
To back up an iPhone, it should provide complete protection on your device easily. On the other hand, there is a lot of data on my iPhone and you probably don’t want to backup all of them. you may just backup photos, videos, and contact. So an iPhone backup software should come with these basic properties:
1. It should be professional to backup all content on iPhone.
2. It needs to support choosing items when backup to save space on storage devices.
3. It should be easy to operate with a simple interface.
4. It should be clean so I won’t be bothered by advertising.
Method 1. Backup my iPhone to PC with FoneTool?
After several tries, here we recommend the easiest way to backup my iPhone is by using FoneTool. It is one of the best choices to backup an iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8 to a computer.
Easily Backup: This application could be used to backup all the photos, videos, and contacts on iPhone. Files about memory and business could be stored in PC forever. In addition, messages and contacts could also be backed up.
Flexible Selection: I preview the files on my iPhone and select the need ones when backing up and restoring my iPhone. I think this is the most satisfying point.
Flexible Restoration: It allows to restore files not only to an iPhone, but also an iPad or iPod Touch.
Free and Clean: It is a free iPhone backup software and there is 100% no advertisements or plug-ins.
Now, let's start to know how to use this application.
To backup iPhone
1. Connect iPhone to a computer with a USB cable. Tap Trust This Computer on the iPhone.
2. Launch and open FoneTool on the connected computer. Click "Phone Backup" > Select "Full Backup" and click "Get Started".
Note: You can click "Selective Backup" to selectively backup iPhone contacts, videos, pictures, messages, etc.
3. Here, you can enable the backup encryption and select the backup path. Then click "Start Backup".
Then wait for the process to get finished. To restore the backup image, you can go to Backup History page to locate and restore the backup.
Method 2. How to Backup my iPhone to iTunes
iTunes is an official tool. It was initially designed to manage the purchased music and videos. Now, it also provides a way to backup most data including settings on your iPhone in one folder. If you’re wondering how to backup my iPhone with iTunes, follow the steps below.
Note: iTunes only allows you to make a full backup of your iPhone, so you can’t preview and select data. And it requires you to erase all content on the target device when you restore the back image.
Step 1. Connect iPhone with your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Run iTunes, and make sure it detects your iPhone. Then click the phone-shape button.
Step 3. Click “Summary” on the sidebar. You can view some basic information about the connected iPhone.
Step 4. Choose “This computer” and click the “Back Up Now” button.
Method 3. How to Backup my iPhone to iCloud storage
iCloud is another official tool for Apple users. It is able to store content on your iPhone and keeps your data up to date across all Apple devices. And it just provides 5GB of free storage. And you may need to buy more storage if your iCloud is full.
1. Go to Settings, tap my name, select iCloud, and then iCloud Backup;
2. Toggle on iCloud Backup;
3. Tap Back Up Now to manually backup my iPhone to iCloud right away.
I could view the storage of iCloud backups by repeating step1, tapping Manage Storage, and then selecting Backups. To delete a backup, choose a backup from the list, then tap Delete Backup.
Compared with iTunes and iCloud, FoneTool is a free professional iPhone backup application with easy operation and a simple interface. you can backup camera roll photos, videos, and other files like contacts, messages, and music within a few steps. And you will not be interrupted by ads using this software. Anyway, it’s not bad to choose these applications as your iPhone backup tool.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad