If I Erase My Old iPhone Will It Affect My New One?
The brand new iPhone 12 caught you, so you bought it to replace the old one. After transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone 12, it’s time to wipe the old iPhone. No matter you want to give it to family or selling it, the first step is to erase all your data.
Why wipe iPhone clean? Partly because it will keep your personal information from falling into wrong hands and partly because it is convenient for others to use. However, when you tap “Erase All Content and Settings”, a message pops up and wants you to enter the Apple ID and passcode. If you are using the same Apple ID on the new iPhone, you might have a worry like this: if I erase all content and settings on my old iPhone will it erase on my new iPhone?
Don’t worry, reset old iPhone will not affect the new one. It will only erase content on old iPhone where the operation is done. The data that have been transferred to the new iPhone or the files that have been saved to iCloud will not be affected in any way.
How to Clear Old iPhone Completely?
From the above, you know that reset old iPhone will not affect the new one. So just feel free to erase your iPhone to make sure your data is protected.
1. Reset Old iPhone via Settings App
The traditional way to erase an iPhone is to go to the Settings to make it. It will restore your iPhone to factory state.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID passcode. (It will need the Apple ID and passcode to turn off "Find My iPhone" or "Activate Lock".)
3. Depending on your device, it may take a few minutes to complete the process.
2. Completely Wipe Old iPhone to Prevent Recovery
For anyone who wants to wipe iPhone before selling it, it’s recommended to erase iPhone with a professional tool such as AOMEI MBackupper. It can deeply erase all personal data and even the deleted files.
The more erasing operations are performed, the more difficult it is to recover the data. AOMEI MBackupper will erase the data multiple times, which makes data recovery impossible. Learn how to completely clear old iPhone from below.
1. Free download and install AOMEI MBackupper on your computer > Launch the tool > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Erase iPhone under Tools.
3. Tick the option "I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data" and there will be two options available. To guarantee that the data will not be restored, you can select Deeply erase data to prevent recovery option.
4. Click Erase iPhone > A warning message will appear and click Yes to confirm.
Note: You may need to enter your Apple ID and passcode to erase the iPhone smoothly if the Find My iPhone function is enabled.
If I erase my old iPhone will it affect my new one? Well, the answer is No. Please free feel to reset your iPhone. If you want to wipe iPhone deeply and make data recovery impossible, let AOMEI MBackupper help you.