Most people prefer to use custom ringtones instead of the default ringtones on iPhone. However, you may feel confused about how to set the custom ringtone. If you have tried it, you will find that there is no direct way to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro (Max), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone `4/`3, etc.
Well, the fact is that Apple makes it difficult for users to set custom ringtones and hopes you will pay a dollar or more to buy ringtones from iTunes Store. Luckily, there are two ways that can help you set your favorite songs as ringtones for call, text message, alarm, or notification. Keep reading to learn more.
Part 1. Where to Download Free Ringtones for iPhone 12
Some may wonder where can get free ringtones for iPhone 12. Well, there are many free ringtones download websites and you can search “free iPhone ringtones download website” or similar to find one you prefer. Zedge.net, Tones7, mobie9, Melofania, FreeTone.org, Mob.org, CellBeat.com are recommended by many users.
You can also download free MP3 in this way. If there is no download button available on the website or if you want to convert Youtube video to MP3 file, you can rely on free video & audio downloader (like x2convert.com/en3) to help you make it.
Part 2. How to Set a Song as a Ringtone on iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini
To set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 12, you can rely on GarageBand app and you can get it in App Store. It helps you convert songs stored on iPhone into ringtones.
1. Open GarageBand > Choose any instrument that’s available like Keyboard.
2. Tap the Project icon > Tap the Loop icon > On the Music section, tap Songs.
3. Long-press on the song that you want to set as a ringtone > Drop the files as the second track > Tap on this track and drag the ends to trim the audio. You can tap the Play to play it back.
4. Make sure the audio is under 40s and tap the Downward Arrow icon to save it to My Songs.
5. Find your project under Recents and long-press it > Tap Share > Choose Ringtone option.
6. Name the ringtone > Tap Export > When the export is successful, tap Use sound as... > Then you will give the choice to set the ringtone as default ringtone, text message, or for a specific contact. Or you can tap Done to add it to the list of ringtones.
7. Now you can go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtones to have a check.
Part 3. How to Add Ringtones to iPhone 12 from Computer
If you have songs or ringtones stored on computer, you can take advantage of iTunes to help you add ringtones to iPhone 12. If you want to set a song as a ringtone, you can first convert the song to a ringtone and then sync the ringtone to iPhone. Or if the file is already in ringtone format, you can start with Step 2 to see how to add ringtones to iPhone 12.
Step 1. Create Custom Ringtone Using iTunes
● If the song you want to set as a ringtone is not in the library, you can click File > Choose Add Folder to Library > Browse your computer and select the song you want to set as a ringtone to iTunes library.
● Go to Songs or Recently Added to find the song you’d like to use. Right-click the song and choose Song Info.
● In the new window, choose Options. Choose up to a 30-second period in the song you want to use as a ringtone by setting the Start and Stop time. Click OK to confirm.
● Select the original song, then click File > Convert > Create AAC Version. Then you will see the reduced version of the song.
● Right-click the reduced version and choose Show in Windows Explorer. Copy and paste it to desktop and change the extension from .m4a to.m4r. (Apple uses a .m4r extension for ringtones instead of the familiar .m4a.)
● Since you no longer need the short version of the song, you can go back to the iTunes library and delete the shortened version. Right-click it and choose Delete from Library > Delete Song > Move to Recycle Bin to make it.
Step 2. Add Custom Ringtones to iPhone 12
● Connect your iPhone 12 to computer via the USB cable.
● Click the device icon and choose Summary. Make sure the option "Manually manage music and videos" is checked. Click Apply to confirm.
● Click the Tones tab under On My Device, drag and drop the ringtone from desktop to iTunes. Then this ringtone will automatically add to your iPhone 12.
Step 3. Set Custom Ringtone on iPhone 12
● Go to Settings > Tap Sounds & Haptics > Tap Ringtone.
● Find and choose the ringtone you just sync from iTunes.
Now you know where to download free ringtones for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro (Max), iPhone 12 mini. To change ringtones on iPhone 12 directly, you can use GarageBand to set a song as a ringtone. Or if you have stored songs on computer, you can let iTunes help you add ringtones to iPhone 12.
Does this passage solve your problem? You could share it to help more people. Or if you have any problems, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad