The new iPhone 13 has a beautiful new design packed with innovative features and you just get one to start the journey with Apple. However, since Android phone and iPhone running on different operating systems, it seems kind of challenging to transfer data from Android to new iPhone.
Well, don’t worry! This guide will focus on how to move contacts from Android to iPhone 13. You can first read and then choose one to follow according to your situation.
Note: If you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 13 after setup, you can refer to Way 2, 3, 4, 5 to get the method. If you want to transfer selected contacts instead of all of them, you can refer to Way 4.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 13 via Move to iOS
Move to iOS app is one transfer app created by Apple to help users switch from Android to new iPhone smoothly. It allows you to transfer contacts as well as message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars.
To realize the transfer, you should first download Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play and set up your new iPhone to access the Data Transfer screen to choose Move Data from Android Phone.
● It is suitable for Android phone older than Android 4.4.
● Your Android phone and new iPhone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
● If you have already set up your iPhone, you should go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart.
● If you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 13 after setup, you can refer to the following four methods.
Steps to Move Contacts from Android to iPhone 13
1. Set up iPhone 13 until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your iPhone 13: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Note: Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even if your Android indicates that the process is complete.
5. The whole transfer can take a while depending on how much content you're moving. When you see the loading bar finishes on iPhone 13, tap Done on Android phone > tap Continue on iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
Way 2. Import Contacts from Android to iPhone 13 with SIM Card
If the SIM card of your Android phone can be put into your new iPhone, then you easily move contacts from Android to iPhone 13. First export Android phone contacts to SIM card and then insert it to iPhone to import contacts to device.
On your Android phone: Go to the Contacts app > Tap the gear icon or three dots menu > Tap Import/Export contacts > Select the contacts you want to transfer > Choose Export to SIM card option.
On your iPhone 13: Insert the SIM card > Go to Settings > Tap Contacts >Tap Import SIM Contacts.
Way 3. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 13 Using Google
Google Contacts Service provides an easy way for Android phone users to backup and share phone contacts. Luckily, Apple offers the solution for users to sync contacts with Google. You can simply go to Settings to turn on the contacts sync of Gmail to let contacts appear on your iPhone.
Step 1. Sync Android Phone Contacts to Google
Go to Settings > Choose Account & Sync or similar > Google > Sign in with your Google account > Turn on the contacts sync.
Step 2. Sync Contacts to iPhone 13
On your iPhone 13: Go to Settings > Tap Mail > Tap Accounts > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information and tap Next > Turn on the Contacts sync option > Tap Save to confirm.
Note: If you have contacts synced with other services like Yahoo or Exchange, you can also refer to the above steps to sync contacts.
Way 4. Selectively Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 13
If you have a computer at hand, it is not difficult to transfer specified contacts from Android to iPhone 13. You can first export contacts from Android to computer and then import contacts to iPhone with a professional transfer tool.
Step 1. Export Contacts from Android to Computer
There are two ways that can help you export Android contacts.
> Export Android Contacts Directly:
Go to Contacts app > Tap gear icon or the three dots menu to find Manage Contacts or similar > Tap Import/Export contacts > Choose Export to storage. In this way, your contacts will be saved in VCF format in the phone memory.
> Download Contacts from Google Contacts:
If you have synced contacts with Google, you can go to Google Contacts to download your contacts. Open a browser and visit Google Contacts > Click Export button > Choose the contacts you want to export > Choose the export format > Click Export to start.
Step 2. Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone
Now you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you add contacts to your iPhone 13. AOMEI MBackupper is one easy-to-use iPhone data backup & transfer tool for Windows PC users. It can help you easily transfer contacts, photos, songs and videos between iPhone and computer.
1. Click the download button to get AOMEI MBackupper.
2. Run AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. Click Transfer to iPhone.
4. Click the Plus button to browse your computer and select the contacts you need (It supports both VCF and CSV format) > Click Transfer to make it.
Way 5. Move Contacts from Android to iPhone 13 through Mail
You can also email the contacts to yourself to copy contacts to your new iPhone. It will send the contacts in vCard format that is accessible on iOS device.
On your Android Phone: Go to Contacts app >Tap the three dots menu to go to Settings > Find Import/Export contacts or similar > Tap Share button > Choose the contacts you want to import to iPhone and email it.
On your iPhone 13: Open Mail app to check the email > Tap to open the VCF file > Then you will get the option to add contacts from mail to the Contacts app.
That’s all about how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 13 Pro (Max)/mini. You can take advantage of Move to iOS to transfer contacts and other data during the setup process. Or if you have already set up your new devices, you can choose to sync all contacts with Google, import contacts from SIM card, transfer selected contacts via AOMEI MBackupper, or email the contacts to yourself.