[5 Ways] How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
This guide will show you all the ways about how to import contacts from Android to iPhone (Plus) / Pro (Max) or iPhone SE. The method to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone after setup is included.
- Want to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
- Way 1. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
- Way 2. Airdrop Contacts from Android to iPhone with FoneTool
- Way 3. Import Contacts from Android to iPhone with SIM Card
- Way 4. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Google
- Way 5. Move Contacts from Android to iPhone Through Mail
Want to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
When you get a new iPhone, such as an iPhone 15, its beautiful new design packed with innovative features gives you a great journey with Apple. However, since Android phone and iPhone running on different operating systems, it seems kind of challenging to transfer data from Android to new iPhone.
Well, don’t worry! This guide will focus on how to move contacts from Android to iPhone (Plus) / Pro (Max) or iPhone SE. You can first read and then choose one to follow according to your situation.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
Move to iOS app is one transfer app created by Apple to help users switch from Android to new iPhone smoothly. It allows you to transfer contacts as well as message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars.
To realize the transfer, you should first download the Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play and set up your new iPhone to access the Data Transfer screen to choose Move Data from Android Phone.
● It is suitable for Android phone older than Android 4.4.
● Your Android phone and new iPhone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
● If you have already set up your iPhone, you should go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart.
Steps to Move Contacts from Android to iPhone
1. Set up iPhone until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your iPhone: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even if your Android indicates that the process is complete.
5. The whole transfer can take a while depending on how much content you're moving. When you see the loading bar finishes on iPhone 15/14/13/12/SE, tap Done on Android phone > tap Continue on iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
Way 2. Airdrop Contacts from Android to iPhone with FoneTool
Those familiar with the iPhone are likely aware of the built-in AirDrop feature, which facilitates easy wireless data transfer among Apple devices. If you wish to seamlessly enable AirDrop-like functionality between Android and iPhone, FoneTool will be your ideal solution.
FoneTool can help you easily airdrop photos, videos, music, contacts, and other files from Android to iPhone. The process does not rely on a Wi-Fi network connection or consume any cellular data, making it convenient and efficient for users.
And once the transfer is finished, you can find all your moved files in the Transfer Records.
Now you can scan the code below to download FoneTool for your iPhone and click this link to download it for your Android device such as Samsung or Pixel. And we will tell you how to finish the process using FoneTool.
Step 1. Open FoneTool on your iPhone and Android, then allow the application to use WLAN. (Just turn on the Wi-Fi option, it doesn't require any Wi-Fi connection.)
Step 2. Go to Connect Device > Choose Connect to iOS and tap the device name on either device to establish a connection.
Step 3. Choose File Transfer on your source Android device > Select contacts you need to airdrop > Click Send to begin > Tap Confirm on your iPhone to receive contacts.
After that, you can check your received contacts within your Contacts app on iPhone.
Once the process is complete, you can also use FoneTool for Windows to back up iPhone contacts on PC. This easy-to-use app can help you fully back up iPhone like iTunes or selectively back up photos, videos, music, contacts and messages as you like.
Way 3. Import Contacts from Android to iPhone with SIM Card
If the SIM card of your Android phone can be put into your new iPhone, then you easily move contacts from Android to iPhone. First export Android phone contacts to SIM card and then insert it to iPhone to import contacts to device.
On your Android phone: Go to the Contacts app > Tap the gear icon or three dots menu > Tap Import/Export contacts > Select the contacts you want to transfer > Choose Export to SIM card option.
On your iPhone: Insert the SIM card > Go to Settings > Tap Contacts >Tap Import SIM Contacts to make it.
Way 4. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Google
Google Contacts Service provides an easy way for Android phone users to back up and share phone contacts. Luckily, Apple offers a solution for users to sync contacts with Google. You can simply go to Settings to turn on the contacts sync of Gmail to let contacts appear on your iPhone.
Step 1. Sync Android Phone Contacts to Google
Go to Settings > Choose Account & Sync or similar > Google > Sign in with your Google account > Turn on the contacts sync.
Step 2. Sync Contacts to iPhone
On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap Mail > Tap Accounts > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information and tap Next > Turn on the Contacts sync option > Tap Save to confirm.
Way 5. Move Contacts from Android to iPhone Through Mail
You can also email the contacts to your new iPhone. It will send the contacts in vCard format which is accessible on iOS devices.
On your Android Phone: Go to Contacts app >Tap the three dots menu to go to Settings > Find Import/Export contacts or similar > Tap Share button > Choose the contacts you want to import to iPhone and email it.
On your iPhone: Open the Mail app to check the email > Tap to open the VCF file > Then you will get the option to add contacts from mail to the Contacts app.
That’s all about how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro (Max) or other iPhone models. You can take advantage of Move to iOS to transfer contacts and other data during the setup process. Or if you have already set up your new devices, you can choose to airdrop contacts with FoneTool, sync all contacts with Google, import contacts from SIM card or email the contacts to yourself.