How to Change Ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12 for Free
This guide will show you how to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12/11, including the method to make your own ringtone on iPhone for free.
Want to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12?
When we receive a call, text message, email, or other notification, iPhone makes a sound to alert us, which is often referred to as a ringtone. However, by default, no matter who calls you, the ringtone is the same. So you want to change ringtone on iPhone, right? If you assign individual ringtones to callers, then you can easily know who is calling so you don't miss any important calls.
Fortunately, it’s easy to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12 whenever you want. iPhone has dozens of built-in ringtones for you to choose from. You can set different ringtones for different people or change them whenever you get bored. In addition, you can also set a song as ringtone on iPhone by yourself.
If you want to change ringtone on iPad, you can also follow this guide.
How to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12
Let’s start to see how to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12/11. There are various built-in sounds for you to choose from.
How to change ringtone on iPhone
- Go to Settings app > Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Under SOUNDS AND VIBRATION PATTERNS, choose the ringtone that you want to change. For example, you can tap Ringtone to change the sound when you receive a call.
- You can tap the ringtone or alter tone to hear and set it as your new ringtone.
How to change ringtone on iPhone for a contact
You can follow the steps below to set special ringtones for your family and friends.
- Go to Contacts app > Find and tap the person’s name.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Ringtone or Text Tone to choose a new sound.
How to buy ringtones from iTunes Store
If you do not like the default ringtones, you can go to the iTunes Store to search for a favorite ringtone and buy it.
- Go to iTunes Store app.
- Tap the More in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Tones at the top of the menu.
- Find the ringtone you want to buy and tap the price.
- Choose to set the ringtone as Ringtone, Text Tone or assign it to a contact. (Or tap Done to set it later.)
- Enter your Apple ID password to complete the purchase.
How to make a ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12
If you do not want to use the default ringtones or pay for ringtones, you can choose to make custom ringtones by yourself.
You can set any audio as a ringtone, for example, a song, or a recording of your child, as long as these audios are saved on your computer or in the iPhone’s Files app. However, please note that you cannot use songs from Apple Music or other streaming services because they are protected. That is to say, the audio used to create the ringtone needs to be free of DRM - Digital Rights Management.
📍 Video Tutorial of How to Change Ringtone on iPhone ｜Make a Ringtone:
Prepare audio file on iPhone
You can make a ringtone on iPhone with the help of GarageBand app. Before you start, please add the audio you want to make into a ringtone to the Files app.
It’s possible to access files in iCloud Drive via Files app. If you have audio files on your computer, you can go to iCloud.com to upload them to iCloud Drive. In this way, you can access the audio file on your iPhone.
In addition, you can let iPhone data transfer tool like FoneTool help you add music to iPhone. Unlike iTunes, it will not erase any existing songs on the device. Below are the steps to transfer music from Windows 10 PC to iPhone.
1. Download FoneTool on PC.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable > When the software recognizes the device, choose Phone Transfer option > Go to PC to iPhone.
3. Click the arrow icon and choose the song you want to transfer.
4. Click Start Transfer to add music to iPhone.
Steps to make a ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12 via GarageBand
If you have the song or audio clip ready to use on iPhone, then follow the steps below to make your own ringtone.
1. Download GarageBand from App Store and launch it > Choose any instrument like Keyboard.
2. Tap the Project icon > Tap the Loop icon (close to the top-right corner of the screen).
3. Choose the audio file you need (You can tap Browse items from the Files app to choose the audio file saved in the Files app.) > Long-press on the audio file and it will import to Garageband.
4. Tap on this track and drag both ends to trim the audio. A ringtone should be less than 30 seconds.
5. Tap the Downward Arrow icon to save it to My Songs.
6. Find the clip you made under Recents and long-press it > Tap Share > Choose Ringtone option.
7. Name the ringtone > Tap Export option.
8. When the export is successful, tap Use sound as... > Then you can choose to set the ringtone as default ringtone, text message, or for a specific contact. Or you can tap Done and go to Settings app to check the ringtone you made.
That’s all about how to change ringtone on iPhone 15/14/13/12/11 for free. You can simply go to the Settings app to assign individual ringtones to callers. If you prefer custom ringtones, you can go to iTunes Store to buy ringtones or make your favorite song as a ringtone via GarageBand.