How to Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone without Computer
I downloaded some songs into the Files app. Can I add MP3 music from my files app on iPhone directly to Apple Music app on iPhone?
- Question from Reddit
Are you in the same situation as this user? Have songs stored in the Files app and want them to appear in the Music app so that you can listen to all the songs in one place without switching apps. Here in this guide, we will tell you how to add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone with or without iTunes.
Can You Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone?
If you do not have a computer at hand, you may be wondering if you can add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone without computer. But unfortunately, the answer to this question is No.
It’s impossible to add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone without computer. You can play songs directly in the Files app, but you can't add songs directly to the Music app - there's no relevant option for you to choose.
To add MP3 to Apple Music library, you should first move files from iPhone to computer and then transfer MP3 to iPhone using iTunes or a third-party transfer tool.
How to Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone
Let’s start to see how to add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone. As mentioned before, first you need to move the MP3 files to your computer, and we can do this with the help of iCloud Drive.
How to Transfer MP3 from Files App to Computer
Step 1. Move MP3 Files to iCloud Drive
- Open Files app and find the MP3 files.
- Tap the three-dots icon in the upper right corner > Tap Select.
- Tap the Folder icon > Select a path in iCloud Drive to save the MP3 files > Tap Copy to confirm. You can also create a new folder to store the files.
Step 2. Download MP3 Files to Computer
- Open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Choose iCloud Drive and locate the MP3 files.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key > Click on the MP3 files with the mouse.
- Click Download button to save them to computer.
Now you can let iTunes or a third-party tool help you add MP3 to Apple Music.
Way 1. Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone with iTunes
You should first add MP3 files to iTunes library and then sync them to iPhone. However, please note that the existing songs will be deleted and replaced by the synced items. If you don't want to lose anything, you can go to the next section to get another no-data-loss way to add MP3 to Apple Music.
How to Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone with iTunes
Step 1. Add MP3 to iTunes Library
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
- Click File > Select Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library to add the MP3 files to iTunes library.
Step 2. Sync MP3 to Apple Music
- Connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
- Trust the computer.
- When your iPhone is recognized by iTunes, click the Device tab.
- Choose Music > Tick Sync Music > Choose your MP3 files > Click Apply.
Way 2. Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone without iTunes
Syncing music with iTunes causes data loss. Fortunately, it’s possible to add MP3 to Apple Music without iTunes. With the right tools, data transfer will be very easy.
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool, which supports data transfer between iPhone and computer, between two iDevices. It provides a much fast speed so hundreds of music can be moved in several minutes. What’s more, it will not erase existing songs or any other data on iPhone.
How to Add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone without iTunes
1. Click the download button to get FoneTool.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
3. Click Phone Transfer > Choose PC to iPhone option > Click Start Transfer.
4. Click the Plus icon to select the MP3 files, or you can simply drag and drop the files into the box.
5. Finally, click Start Transfer to add MP3 to Apple Music.
In addition, it has one mobile app that allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. The tool can help you easily share music, photos, videos and any data in Files app with friends. The transfer does not require a Wi-Fi connection and does not consume cellular data. You can scan the QR code or go to App Store to get the tool and try it by yourself.
That’s all about how to add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone. You should first export MP3 files to computer and then transfer MP3 to Apple Music with iTunes or FoneTool. If you have songs stored on iPhone, it’s recommended to use FoneTool because it will do no harm to any data on the device.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad