[4 Ways] How to Transfer Data from iPad to iPad Pro 2022
This guide will show you all workable methods that can help you transfer data from iPad to iPad Pro. Apply to all iPads including the newly released iPad Pro last year.
Bought yourself a brand-new iPad Pro? Congratulations! The newly released 12.9-inch iPad Pro (6th generation) and 11-inch iPad Pro (4th generation) bring many more features and it’s worth upgrading. The M2 chip gives the new iPad Pro mind-blowing performance and makes it the fastest device of its kind.
Now it’s time to transfer data from old iPad Pro/Air/mini to new iPad Pro so that you can enjoy the new iPad the way you like. According to different situations, there are corresponding methods. Choose the one that suits you and start the transfer!
Way 1. Transfer Data from iPad to iPad Pro During Setup
If you haven't activated your iPad Pro, you can choose to transfer all old iPad data to it during the setup process. When you access the App & Data screen, you can choose to restore from iCloud/iTunes backup or transfer all content directly from old iPad.
We have written an article on how to use Quick Start in this How to Set up New iPhone from Old iPhone guide. (The operation method of iPhone and iPad is the same.)
If you have already set up your iPad Pro, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content and Settings to erase your device to start over. But please note that it will erase all existing content on your device. If you do not want to lose anything, you can refer to Way 2.
Way 2. Transfer Data from iPad to iPad Pro via Transfer Tool
If you are in the following situations, then FoneTool, one third-party transfer tool is the best choice to transfer data from old iPad Pro/Air/mini to new iPad Pro:
- Want to transfer all data from iPad to iPad Pro quickly
- Have already set up iPad Pro and want to add files to it
- Need to transfer a certain type of data, a specific item to iPad Pro
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and then follow the steps below to transfer files from iPad to iPad Pro.
Example: How to Transfer Data from iPad Air to iPad Pro
Transfer All Data from iPad to iPad Pro
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect old iPad Air and new iPad Pro to computer.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Locate iPhone to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Confirm the source iPad and the target iPad > Enable backup encryption > Click Start Transfer.
Selectively Transfer Files from iPad to iPad Pro
FoneTool supports transfer between iPad and computer. You can take advantage of this feature to transfer files from iPad to iPad Pro. Below are the steps to transfer videos from iPad to iPad Pro.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your old iPad to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Choose iPhone to PC and select the video you want to transfer.
3. Click Start Transfer > Choose a storage path > Click Start Transfer to save videos to computer.
4. Unplug the source iPad and connect the new iPad Pro to computer > Go to PC to iPhone this time.
5. Choose the videos exported before > Finally, click Start Transfer to add videos to iPad Pro.
Note: If you want to give your old iPad to someone, you can wipe your iPad clean through the iPhone Eraser tool. It will wipe data multiple times, ensuring 100% unrecoverable.
Way 3. Transfer Data from iPad to iPad Pro with iCloud
If two iPads are using the same Apple ID, then you can choose to sync data from iPad to iPad Pro with iCloud. No need to download any app, only need Wi-Fi connection.
To transfer all content and settings, you can first backup source iPad and then restore that backup to target iPad Pro. To sync a certain type of data, you can turn on the sync option in iCloud.
Please note that there is only 5 GB of free storage space. If the data you need to back up/sync exceeds 5GB, the backup/sync will fail.
→ Restore Data from iPad to iPad Pro
● Backup old iPad: Go to Settings > Tap your name > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now to create a backup package.
● Restore backup to new iPad: Erase and set up the device until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
→ Sync Data from iPad to iPad Pro
● On source iPad: Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Turn on Photos or other options you want to sync.
● On target iPad Pro: Do the same above to turn on the option and wait for the sync.
Way 4. Transfer Data from iPad to iPad Pro Using iTunes
If you want to transfer all data from iPad to new iPad Pro, iTunes can do you a favor. But you cannot choose the data you want to transfer. Besides, because the backup file is relatively large, the backup and recovery process will take a long time.
● Backup old iPad: Run iTunes > Plug in old iPad > Click the Device tab > Go to Summary > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now.
● Restore backup to new iPad: Plug in new iPad > Go to Summary page > Click Restore Backup > Select the backup you created before.
That’s all about how to transfer data from iPad to iPad Pro. You can choose to transfer data during or after the setup.
Quick Start and iCloud can help you transfer data wirelessly, however, it may take as least 1 or 2 hours to complete the transfer. If the network is unstable, it will take longer. iTunes helps you to transfer data through backup and restore, which is a bit tricky to operate.
If you want to complete the transfer quickly, then FoneTool is more recommended. It can help you transfer everything in one click. Besides, you can use FoneTool to help you transfer files from PC to iPad Pro after setup.