Why Need iTunes Alternative for iPhone
iPhone has been an essential tool for us. Its creative design has made digital life more colorful. To protect the important data on iPhone, you’d better backup iPhone in advance to prevent data loss or other unpredicted events.
iTunes is the most known iPhone backup software, although it is actually a tool for music and video management. It also inherits the feature of iOS, high confidentiality. You have no options to view files before or after backing up let alone select the files you want.
Since backing up iPhone is necessary but you wouldn’t like to use iTunes, third-party iPhone backup software could be your choice.
Free iTunes Alternative for iPhone Backup and Restore - AOMEI MBackupper
If you need a customized backup plan which means you are given options in every step to back the files you need and filter the files unwanted, AOMEI MBackupper could perfectly meet your needs. It's a good iTunes alternative for Windows, not only allowing you to customize your backup plan, but also the restoration plan.
How to Use the iTunes Alternative for iPhone
AOMEI MBackupper supports full backup and custom backup. The full backup will backup all iPhone content and settings while the custom backup will backup the files you selected. Click the download button to get the iTunes alternative for iPhone and see how to use it.
>> Full Backup and Restore
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click Full Backup in the Tools bar.
3. Choose Full Backup > Enable backup encryption > Select a storage path > Click Start Backup.
When you want to restore the backup to iPhone, please choose Full Restore to make it.
>> Custom Backup and Restore
1. Open AOMEI MBackupper and plug in your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup and select the files you want.
3. Click an icon to select the files you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
4. Select a storage path > Click on Start Backup in the lower-right corner. Your task would be completed in seconds.
If you need to restore your device, connect it to computer, select task in Backup Management and click the Restore to make it.
iTunes Alternative for iPhone - Cloud Tool
If you don’t want to backup iPhone to computer, you could find a cloud tool as an iTunes alternative to back up your iPhone. There are many cloud tools on the Internet, and let’s introduce the two proper ones.
Apple’s Official Tool - iCloud
iCloud is an official tool released by Apple allowing users to directly upload files to the cloud with network. It could be used as an iTunes alternative for iPhone, while it also has shortcomings that you can just select the whole folder like whole pictures or messages. You can’t select any single one. The storage is also limited. Every user is just allocated with 5GB of free storage or you need to pay for additional storage. The following steps are how to use it.
1. Go to Settings, tap your name, select iCloud and then iCloud Backup.
2. Toggle on iCloud Backup.
3. Tap Back Up Now to back up your iPhone to iCloud.
To view your iCloud backups, you need to enter iCloud with step1, tap Manage Storage and then Backups. You can just view how much storage has been covered, not the files.
Cloud Tool with Large storage - Google Drive
Feel 5GB is not enough for your iPhone? Try Google Drive with 15GB free storage. Except for large storage, there is another advantage for Google Drive to be iTunes alternative that you could view the backed-up files with it. Follow these steps to use Google Drive.
1. You need to download Google Drive in App store. Make sure you already have a Google account or you need to sign in first.
2. Tap the horizontal icon in the upper left > Tap the Settings icon > Select Backup.
3. Select Start Backup. In this step, you can select whether to backup contacts, calendar events or photos &videos.
If you want to upload files to Google Drive, tap the blue circle button in the lower-right corner and then select Upload to upload the files.
Tips: Google Drive share15GB of storage with other Google products. Mind your storage if you are using other Google products like Gmail and Google Photos.
AOMEI MBackupper is one free iTunes alternative for iPhone to easily backup & restore your iPhone to the computer. If you prefer a cloud tool, you could use the built-in tool iCloud. If more storage is needed, you could go to Google Drive for larger storage. If you like this passage, would you please share it to help more people? Thanks a lot.