About Lenovo OneKey Recovery
Security is very important for every user who use laptop or desktop, so Lenovo the world’s 2nd largest computer selling company upgrade the Lenovo One Key recovery. It’s a backup and recovery tool preinstalled in Lenovo computer, such as, Ideapad 110, and used to factory reset your system within one click. You just need to press F11 key after restarting and you will go to the hidden recovery partition.
To be honest, Lenovo one key recovery is very useful, especially when your computer is in the event of disaster. However, it still has some disadvantages you cannot ignore.
Lenovo Onekey recovery cannot be used on other branded computers, such as, HP, Dell, Samsung, etc.
The recovery partition will be unavailable, especially after reinstalling system, resizing disk space, etc.
The latest backup will override your previous backup. That’s to say, if you use Lenovo one key recovery to create a backup image when you get your computer, the factory image backup on the disk will be removed.
It only keeps the most basic utility and applications during the restoration. That's to say, the installed programs and personal data on the system partition will be lost.
Besides, this recovery tool will not work as usual sometimes. And it will throw you an error message, such as, current system cannot support backup, driver initialization failed, f11 key not working, etc.
Well then, you may want to know where is the OneKey recovery button or partition and how to use Lenovo one key recovery in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 to backup and recover system. Keep reading below to get details.
How to use Lenovo OneKey Recovery function?
In Lenovo computer, you could find this feature through "Start" > "All programs" > "Lenovo" > "Lenovo OneKey Recovery" if you are running system. But if your computer is unbootable, you need to use OneKey recovery in Lenovo laptop or desktop with "Novo" button.
Then, you’ll see following interface when you get into this program. To create initial backup, just click "System Backup". To factory reset Lenovo, click "System Recovery". The detailed steps are below.
How to create a system backup with Lenovo OneKey Recovery?
To create an intial backup with one key recovery:
1. In Windows, double-click the OneKey Recovey icon to start lenovo OneKey Recovery system. Then, click on "System Backup" in the main page.
2. Select the backup destination and type backup notes for distinguish, then click "Next".
How to use "Novo" button to restore Lenovo laptop or desktop?
To restore your backup with "Novo" button, use the following steps:
1. Power off PC, press the "Novo" button to start the Lenovo OneKey system.
2. In the Novo Button Menu, select "System Recovery".
3. Select “Restore from initial backup” or “Restore from user’s backup” , then click "Next".
4. Click "Start" and wait until the process is finished. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to configure the settings.
Note: To use Lenovo OneKey recovery without losing data, you need to backup files on the system drive Before clicking the "Start" button.
Need Lenovo OneKey recovery alternative
To avoid the restrictions of Lenovo OneKey Recovery, you could turn to a trust and reliable backup and recovery software like AOMEI OneKey Recovery because of the following advantages.
Make a bootable recovery partition supported in all the operating system, including Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista and server 2003/2008(R2)/2012(r2)/2016/2019.
Compatible with all branded computers, such as, Lenovo, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, etc.
Support changing the disk space of system drive and making full use of the unallocated space. And these operations will not affect the recovery partition.
Support compression and encryption backup image.
Be user-friendly. For example: the software has a clear interface, or offers different users with different version.
Support quick system recovery. This software has a special keyboard key, F11 or A, which is used to boot your computer when something goes wrong.
Support restoring all the installed programs and data on the system drive.
How to use Lenovo OneKey Recovery alternative?
Like all the branded OneKey recovery tool, you need to create a system backup first, and then restore your computer with the bootable backup. Here are the steps to create a bootable backup using Lenovo OneKey Recovery alternative.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Then, you will see its main page. Click on "OneKey System Backup" at the left side.
2. Choose the recommended backup option - "Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition", and click "Next".
Note: If you want to backup system to other locations, please tick the second option.
4. Click "Advanced" to preview the backup effect, and then tag on "Start Backup".
After the process, a shortcut of recovery option will be generated. When encounter a system crush or something like that, you can click on the shortcut icon or keep tapping "F11"/ "A" at system startup to start the recovery.
• To recover Lenovo system, you just need to press F11 or A key to access the recovery environment, click "OneKey System Recovery" and then follow the on-screen instructions.
• If you want to protect unlimited PCs or customize UI, you need to upgrade to Technician or Customization edition.
Reading here, you may already know how to use Lenovo OneKey recovery in Ideapad 110 or other versions and its alternative AOMEI OneKey Recovery. By comparison, the third-party tool is easier.
Unlike Lenovo system recovery, AOMEI OneKey Recovery could backup Lenovo and other branded computers without effort. And you could backup system to external hard drive if your local disk is very small. More so, adjusting the partition size of system disk or using unallocated space does not affect the recovery partition. It’s amazing. Why not give it a try? Just download the free-trial one key recovery software to protect you system right now.