About Lenovo OneKey Recovery in Windows 10
Lenovo OneKey Recovery is one key recovery software snap in Lenovo products, including desktop, laptop, notebook, notepad, etc. When you get a new computer and have system installed, you can use it to make a recovery partition for future factory format. If your new PC comes to you with OS already installed, usually, the factory recovery disk is already be created by Lenovo OneKey Recovery.
For the newest Windows 10 operating system, OneKey Recovery in Lenovo is the latest 8.0 version. Lenovo OneKey Recovery 8.0 has published for a long time. Since Windows 8, it has been put into use. Thus, it supports Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Its former version Lenovo OneKey Recovery 7.0 only supports Windows 7.
How to use Lenovo OneKey Recovery in Windows 10
OneKey Recovery Lenovo Windows 10 can help you refresh system to original condition if your system crashed or you want to get back to previous state, such as restore Lenovo G50 to factory settings.
If your machine is bare metal, you’d better make an initial backup by Lenovo One Key Recovery in Windows 10 after installing OS:
1. In Windows, press the Novo button or double-click OneKey Recovery icon to start the One Key Recovery Lenovo Windows 10.
- Novo Button is usually on the upper left corner of your keyboard nearby the Power button.
- If you haven’t created desktop icon for Lenovo OneKey Recovery, you can find it through "Start"->"All programs" -> "Lenovo" -> "Lenovo OneKey Recovery".
- If you have not powered on the computer yet, you can directly get to Lenovo Onekey Recovery also by pressing Novo Button.
2. Click “System Backup”.
3. Select a backup location and click “Next” to start the backup.
- If you choose local disk as destination, it will create a hidden recovery partition on the hard disk to save system copy image. This won't bother if you revert this hard drive in the future, even if the disk is the system disk. Just press a certain key to trigger OneKey Recovery when you want to recover OS.
- You can also save system image to external devices. Just remember to insert the device into the computer when you rebuild system.
Lenovo OneKey Recovery Windows 10 Alternative
As mentioned above, OneKey Recovery Lenovo has different versions for different operating systems. For Windows 8 to Windows 10, it provides OneKey Recovery 8.0; for Windows 7, it offers OneKey Recovery 7.0. Moreover, Lenovo OneKey Recovery is Lenovo self-developed one key recovery program, so it only supports Lenovo products. If your machine is other brands and you want such system backup and recovery function, what can you do?
Fortunately, there is an alternative to Lenovo OneKey Recovery Win 10, AOMEI OneKey Recovery. It is just like Lenovo OneKey Recovery, aiming at system backup and restore. Yet, it has several advantages over OneKey Recovery Lenovo:
- It supports all Windows Server OSes including Server 2003 (R2), 2008 (R2), 2011, 2012 (R2), 2016, 2019, 2022, WHS 2011, SBS 2003, 2008, 2011 as well as all Windows PC OSes including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista (all editions, both 32 bit and 64 bit).
- It supports most computer brands including Lenovo, Acer, Dell, HP, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, ASUS, etc. You can use it to perform ASUS onekey system recovery easily.
- It is easier to use due to its intuitive interface.
If your OneKey Recovery Lenovo Win 10 does not work or you are interested AOMEI OneKey Recovery, just download, install and have a try!