Why Need to Rebuild Lenovo G50 to Factory Settings?
Accidents always happen unexpectedly and it usually bring disasters like system crash and
data loss. In the condition of unable to boot into Windows, users are in dire need to
factory reset computer. Luckily, one
key recovery software can help. Then, how to format Lenovo G50-70 laptop?
Restore Lenovo G50 to Factory Settings Using Lenovo OneKey Recovery
Before start, if there are important data on system c drive, move them out or make a backup of them for items on c partition will all be overwritten after restoring to original condition. If you can't boot into current system anymore, you can create a bootable USB to boot the computer up. Then, move crucial data out, say, to external storage device.
1. Open Lenovo OneKey Recovery. If computer is open, select “System Recovery” in Lenovo OneKey Recovery to reboot into boot menu. If not, power on computer and press F12 continuously before system starts up; or, just press onekey recovery button (usually next to power port). When shows boot menu, choose “System Recovery” and press Enter to boot into a recovery environment where you can restore the system to factory settings.
Tips: If you have set a password to onekey recovery, you have to enter the password to enter OneKey Recovery environment. If you failed to type in correct password for three times, it will give up and try to boot into normal operating system.
2. In Lenovo OneKey Recovery step 1, select "Restore from initial backup".
3. In Lenovo OneKey Recovery step 2, confirm operation and click “Start” to start Lenovo g50 restore factory settings.
Tips: Keep power supply during this operation, or restoration will fail.
4. Reboot computer and do Lenovo g50 hard reset. Choose language and regional options, Create user account, set up a password etc. finally, system is ready for use.
Restore Lenovo G50 to Factory Settings with AOMEI OneKey Recovery
Besides Lenovo OneKey Recovery, you can also use AOMEI OneKey Recovery to reset Lenovo g50 laptop to factory settings. As the best alternative of Lenovo OneKey Recovery, AOMEI OneKey Recovery can do Lenovo g50-80 restore original conditions with ease.
1. In AOMEI OneKey Recovery main interface, choose “OneKey System Recovery”.
2. Select system image to refresh. If you backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery partition (on system disk) above, choose “Restore system by using the image file in AOMEI OneKey Recovery” here; if you backup system to other location above, choose “Restore system by selecting a system image file”. Here, take the first one as an example.
3. Confirm the operation and click “Start to Restore”.
- System partition will be overwritten after recovery. Thus, if there are important data on it, please transfer them to other place or back them up. If you can't boot into current system anymore, you can create a bootable USB with AOMEI Backupper to boot the computer up. Then, backup crucial data out to external storage device with Backupper.
- You can also “Restore to other location”. This is not suitable here since you want to replace current os with factory system.
4. Wait until it finishes and reboot. Then, do Lenovo g50-45 hard reset just like restoration to factory settings by Lenovo OneKey Recovery above.
Reset Lenovo G50 with AOMEI OneKey Recovery is based on the fact that you have already made a recovery partition with it before accidents happen. Thus, if you had made a backup of OS before, you can restore system back to that point; if you had made an initial backup of your new operating system before using it, now, you can factory reset your computer easily.
Therefore, if your current operating system is in good condition, just image it in case of un-coming broken down. Especially, for those new Windows users, create an initial backup for factory reset in the future before starting to make use of computer.
Compare and Conclusion
Both Lenovo OneKey Recovery and AOMEI OneKey Recovery are excellent programs to restore Lenovo g50 to factory settings. Yet, in different situation, you should make different choice:
- For Lenovo computer, you can first choose Lenovo OneKey Recovery; but for different Windows, you should select different version of Lenovo OKR, Lenovo OneKey Recovery 7.0 for Windows 7 and Lenovo OneKey Recovery 8.0 for Win 8/8.1/10. If factory built in Lenovo OKR is unavailable for some reason, then, you can choose AOMEI OneKey Recovery as alternative.
- For other brand of computer, like Acer, Dell, HP, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Asus, etc. Lenovo OneKey Recovery is of course unavailable. You can either use their snap in one key recovery software, or use AOMEI OneKey Recovery.
AOMEI OneKey Recovery can applied to nearly all brand computers and Window PC & Server systems.
No matter which tool you choose, you won't lose your Windows operating system after reset, just get a fresh new one.