You may need to restore your virtual machines in many cases, for exmaple, virtual machine crash, system corruption, data loss, and so on. With the help of AOMEI Cyber Backup, you can easily restore devices you backup. It will recover your data and save your time.
Start New Restore
Once you have created backups for your devices, you can restore them at any time.
1. Click “Backup Management” on the left bar, select “Restore Records”.
2. Click “New Restore” to open restore page.
3. Select Source.
On the restore page, click “Select” of Select Source, it will list all backup tasks on the open page.
Select a backup task you want to restore, it will list all backed up devices on the task.
Select a device that you want to restore.
Click “Ok”. It will list the selected device as source on the restore page.
4. Select Content
On the restore page, click “Select” of Select Content, it will list all backed up virtual machines of the selected device.
Select a virtual machine you want to restore, and then select a backup version of the virtual machine.
Click “Ok”. It will list the selected backup version as restore content on the restore page.
5. Select Target
Restore to original location
If you want to restore to original location, you don’t need to select target. “Restore to original location” is selected by default, you can directly start restore.
For VMware ESXi device, “Restore to original location” will restore system and data of the original virtual machine to the status that the restored backup version is created. But, if you create snapshots before restore, it will still retain these snapshots, you can recover these snapshots after when you need them.
For Hyper-V device, “Restore to original location” will overwrite the original virtual machine with the backup version. If there are new important data, please back up them before restore.
Restore to new location
You also can select “Restore to new location”, It will create/restore the virtual machine on a new location.
Restore from Backup Task
1. Click "Backup Task", locate the task you want to restore, click “”--> “Restore”.
2. Select a backup version and/screenshot/en/acb/help/restore/restore-from-backup-task-content.png content on the open page.
3. Select the target (original location or a new location) that you want to restore to.
4. Click “Start Restore” to perform the restore.
Restore from History Version
1. Click “Backup Management” on the left bar, select “History Versions”.
2. Browse and select a history version that you want to restore.
3. Click “” of the history version, select “Restore” on the drop-down menu.
4. Select the target (original location or a new location) that you want to restore to.
5. Click “Start Restore” to perform the restore.
When click “Start Restore”, it will start to perform the restore and add the restore task to retore list under Restore Records.
You can check the restore source, target, status and time of every restore task.
When a restore task is running, you can click “” on the restore task, select “Stop Restoring” to stop the restore progress when you don’t want to continue to restore. But, the restore operation is irreversible, so the data overwritten or deleted can’t be recovered.
- Before the restoration starts, you need to shut down the virtual machine.
- “Restore to original location” must confirm the original location exist. Or else, you can only select “Restore to new location”.