Seagate DiscWizard is a backup software for Seagate and Maxtor hard drive to protect your critical data, which provides you to backup entire disc drive or individual partitions (sector by sector backup), including operating system and programs, configuration files, software settings, personal settings and data; clone hard drive to another one; recovery from a disaster, etc. If you want to use the advanced features, like Universal Restore, you have to upgrade to enjoy.
If you backup data with Seagate DiscWizard, you will get a .tibx format Seagate image backup file. If you buy a new 3TB or 4TB large hard drive (larger than 2TB), the Seagate DiscWizard will help you to migrate operating system to this larger drive.
How to Use Seagate DiscWizard to Create Image Backup?
Generally speaking, you can create an image backup for your entire hard drive in Seagate DiscWizard with the following text:
1. Choose Backup option in main window after running DiscWizard.
2. Rename the name for the new Seagate image backup file (or click + Add Backup to create a new backup).
3. Click Select source > Entire PC.
4. Click Select destination, and choose one of the three options here: Your external drive, NAS or Browse... to select destination. (Here we choose NAS)
5. Press Back up now to create Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup easily.
Then Seagate DiscWizard image backup file will be saved in the Seagate Backups folder in your destination location. Besides, you could also create a Seagate bootable Rescue media (choose one of them as destination: CD/DVD, USB flash drive, ISO image file, WIM image file) just in case.
Seagate DiscWizard Limitations
However, there are some shortcomings of Seagate DiscWizard that you should be aware that:
The disk image backup file only can be restored to the exact same computer and could not restore to other locations.
The Seagate DiscWizard software only supports Seagate and Maxtor hard drive, any other brands of drives not supported.
You cannot backup Windows operating system only.
Seagate DiscWizard not cloning or encounter error code 10 while cloning.
Is there any better way to create Seagate Image Backup? The answer is positive.
Better way to Create Seagate Image Backup
Compared with Seagate DiscWizard, the best free Seagate image backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard will give you more convenience while backing up Seagate hard drive in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (including 32-bit and 64-bit). It’s highly recommended by millions of users due to the reliable performance, comprehensive features and outstanding execution.
Supports all brands hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs), including Seagate, Toshiba, LaCie, Western Digital, ADATA, Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, etc.
Backup operating system, disks, partitions, files as you wish.
You could restore Seagate disk image backup to other locations.
Before backing up, please download the best free Seagate backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper, choose Backup -> Disk Backup in turn.
2. Add Seagate hard drive by clicking Add Disk. Modify the Task Name for Seagate image backup task.
3. Select the destination to store Seagate disk image backup file.
4. Press Start Backup to create Seagate image backup in Windows 10/8/7.
How to Restore Seagate Image Backup in Windows 10/8/7?
If you cannot boot up your computer and want to restore computer to previous state, please create a bootable media and then restore like the following:
1. Click Restore, choose Select Task or Select Image File to find Seagate image backup file.
2. Choose the Seagate disk backup image, and hit Next.
3. Tick "Restore the entire disk" and click Next.
4. Click "Start Restore".
There are 2 ways to create Seagate image backup: Seagate DiscWizard and AOMEI Backupoper Standard. Just find the suitbale way to get your Seagate hard drive protected.
If you’re running Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 and SBS 2003, 2008, 2011, please try AOMEI Backupper Server to enjoy AOMEI Image Deploy to deploy images to multiple computers simultaneously, command line backup/restore/clone, dynamic disk volume backup/restore/clone, etc.
To create backups for unlimited computers, please try AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus to enjoy more.