Complete Guide to Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup and Recovery
This article introduces you to Seagate DiscWizard and how to create Seagate DiscWizard image backup and recovery in detail. Scroll down below to learn everything you want to know.
- What Is Seagate DiscWizard?
- Create Image Backup and Recovery with Seagate DiscWizard
- Seagate DiscWizard Limitations
- Better Software to Create Seagate Image Backup and Recovery
- Final Words
What Is Seagate DiscWizard?
Seagate DiscWizard is a backup software for Seagate and Maxtor hard drive to protect your critical data, which provides you the ability to backup entire disc drive or individual partitions (sector by sector backup), including operating system and programs, configuration files, software settings, personal settings, and data; clone hard drive to another one; recovery from a disaster, etc.
If you backup data with Seagate DiscWizard, you will get a .tibx format Seagate image backup file. If you buy a new 3TB or 4TB large hard drive (larger than 2TB), the Seagate DiscWizard will help you to migrate the operating system to this larger drive.
✐Is Seagate DiscWizard free?
The Seagate DiscWizard is a free program, but if you want to use the advanced features, like Universal Restore, you have to upgrade to enjoy.
✐Does Seagate DiscWizard use other drives?
The Seagate DiscWizard only works with Seagate and Maxtor drives. If you use it on other drives, the backup and restore or cloning process may fail.
✐ Is it better to clone or image a hard drive?
Clone or Image? It depends on your purpose. For a quick disk upgrade, try its cloning method. For continuous data protection, try its imaging method. And usually, it offers you some features to schedule a backup task and manage disk space.
Create Image Backup and Recovery with Seagate DiscWizard
Generally speaking, you can create an image backup for your entire hard drive in Seagate DiscWizard and restore disk image when your disk is damaged or the system crashes. If you want to protect your computer uninterruptedly, follow the steps below carefully.
Schedule a Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup
1. Choose the Backup option in the main window after running DiscWizard. And then, rename the backup task and click + Add Backup to create a new backup.
2. Click Select source > Entire PC.
3. Click Select destination, and choose one of the three options here: Your external drive, NAS, or Browse. (Here we choose NAS)
4. Click Options to customize the settings for the Seagate DiscWizard image backup, like Schedule (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc), Backup Scheme, Notifications, Exclusions, Advanced, etc.
5. Press Back up now to create Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup easily.
Then Seagate DiscWizard image backup file will be saved in the Seagate Backups folder in your destination location. Besides, you could also create a Seagate bootable Rescue media (choose one of them as destination: CD/DVD, USB flash drive, ISO image file, WIM image file) just in case.
Recover Seagate DiscWizard image Backup Quickly
Here you will learn how to recover image backup in Seagate DiscWizard. Note it can only be restored to the exact same computer on which it was created.
1. Open Seagate DiscWizard. Click the Backup option and select the image backup you want to restore, then choose Recovery in the upper right window.
2. It will display all the files in the image backup. Click Recover disks at the bottom.
3. Clicks on Disks and select the drive you want to recover.
4. Click the drop-down menu and select a destination to receive the backup image.
5. Click Recover Now to recover the Seagate DiscWizard image backup. Click Yes if you are asked to erase the drive. And it may require a reboot to complete the restore process.
Seagate DiscWizard Limitations
Honestly, the Seagate DiscWizard has rich features and helps you protect your computer safely. However, it still has some drawbacks that you need to be aware of.
The disk image backup file only can be restored to the exact same computer and could not restore to other locations.
The Seagate DiscWizard software only supports Seagate and Maxtor hard drives, and any other brands of drives are not supported.
You cannot back up Windows operating system only.
Seagate DiscWizard not cloning or encounter error code 10 while cloning.
Is there any better software to create Seagate Image backup and recovery? The answer is positive.
Better Software to Create Seagate Image Backup and Recovery
If you are tired of the drawbacks in Seagate DiscWizard, try the best free Seagate image backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to create Seagate image backup and recovery. It’s highly recommended by millions of users due to its comprehensive features and excellent performance. Here we will introduce you to some outstanding features:
Rich backup and restore solutions: It allows you to backup the operating system, disks, partitions, and files as well as restore them when needed, not only original location but also new partition or hard drive.
Schedule a backup task automatically: It is capable of creating Seagate image backup on a regular basis, such as daily, weekly, or monthly. And you can set other options, including incremental backup, compression, splitting, email notification, etc.
Compatible with all brands of hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs), including Seagate, Toshiba, LaCie, Western Digital, ADATA, Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, etc.
Free of charge.
Before backing up, please download the best free Seagate backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10 and 11 (including 32-bit and 64-bit) are supported. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server.
Create Seagate Image Backup Automatically to Protect Data Continuously
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper, and choose Backup -> Disk Backup in turn.
2. Select Seagate hard drive by clicking Add Disk. Modify the Task Name for the Seagate image backup task.
3. Select the destination to store the Seagate disk image backup file. You can transfer disk image to new hard drive, SSD, USB drive, network drive, NAS, etc.
4. Click Schedule Backup and enable it to backup disk automatically with its Daily, Weekly or Monthly schedule setting. By default, this software will backup only changed files (with Incremental Backup) to save disk space.
5. Confirm the backup task and press Start Backup to create Seagate image backup in Windows 11/10/8/7.
Then Seagate Windows image backup file will be saved in the selected destination location. Besides, you could also create a Seagate bootable Rescue media (choose one of them as destination: CD/DVD, USB, or ISO image file) just in case.
Restore Seagate Windows Image Backup Successfully
1. Click Restore on the main page of AOMEI Backupper Standard and choose Select Task.
2. Choose the Seagate disk backup image, and hit Next.
3. Tick Restore the entire disk and click Next.
4. Select the original disk or partition on the new hard drive as destination and click Next.
5. Tick SSD Alignment if you restore the Seagate Windows image backup to SSD and optimize the overall performance for SSD, including its lifespan. Click Start Restore to start the restoration process.
This article introduces the Seagate DiscWizard in detail and how to use it to create Seagate DiscWizard image backup and restore step by step. Honestly, it helps, but sometimes you may encounter problems while using it. To ensure your data is always safe and convenient to restore, it's suggested to use better software - AOMEI Backupoper Standard.
With it, you can backup any items you want and make it run automatically, such as, daily, weekly, or monthly. At the same time, it offers some useful features to save disk space, such as compression, splitting, incremental backup, etc. In the advanced editions, you can directly delete old Seagate backup image automatically. For unlimited computers, please try AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus.