Case: User profile on Windows Server 2012 corrupted
Sometimes, you may find a corrupted user profile on Windows Server 2012 or other operating systems. Such as the following situation.
I accidentally deleted the user files, and no new or guest users can be added. When I right-click on the folder, it says the folder has been moved to another location, in fact, it has gone. I've tried to do a system restore, but failed to fix. Is there a way to repair this without reinstalling?
How to recreate user profile on Windows Server 2012
If the user profile is damaged, you can delete the profile and recreate default user profile on Server 2012 r2. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Log in the computer with an administrate account where the corrupted user file is located.
2. Open the Control Panel to select System.
3. Then you need to click the Advanced tab. In the User Profiles area, click Settings.
4. Select the appropriate user profile in the Profiles stored on this computer list and click delete.
5. Click Yes if there is a prompt.
6. Log off the administrator account.
7. Restart the computer and then a new user profile will be created automatically for the user account that contains damaged user profile.
Effective way to prevent damage or loss of important data
In fact, when you encounter these problems, such as deleting user profile by mistake or a user profile was damaged for some unknown reasons so that your computer can’t run. You may need to spend a lot of time to fix it; however, you may not be able to successfully fix it sometimes.
To protect your important data, including files, photos, videos, and even the entire operating system. It' s best that you adopt a proper automatic backup strategy, such as backing up user profile or OS at a certain frequency. Once something bad happens to your system, you can easily restore those critical data.
Here I recommend AOMEI Backupper Server, it works well with both Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012(R2), 2008(R2), 2003, etc. and Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP. You can benefit a lot from its excellent backup features:
Now, follow these steps to protect your computer files. And you can use the File Restore function when there is something wrong with the original file.
You can download the free trial of AOMEI Backupper Server to try it out:
How to backup important files on Windows Server:
Step 1. Install and launch the tool. Then, click File Backup under the Backup tab. You can also choose System Backup, Partition Backup or Disk Backup according to your needs.
Step 2. Click Add File or Add Folder according to your needs. Then, choose the files/folders which you want to backup.
*If there are many backup sources that need to be backed up, you can put them in one folder to back up.
Step 3. Click to select backup destination. You can backup files or folders to NAS network location, external hard drive or other locations.
Step 4. Click Start Backup to execute the task.
- Backup Schedule: it enables you to set backup tasks to run daily, weekly, monthly, or using event triggers, etc.
- Backup Scheme: choose ful, incremental or differential backup, create a retention policy to auto delete obsolete backup images and free up disk space.
- Backup Options: you can enable email notification, encrypt or compress backup images and so on.
★ How to backup files to AOMEI Cloud
There is a growing trend to backup files to cloud storage. You can backup files to AOMEI Cloud if you have an AOMEI account. You'll get 1TB free storage for 15 days after you sign up for an AOMEI account.
Now you know how to recreate user profile on Windows Server 2012 (R2). To avoid potential data loss, you can easily back up important files in just a few steps with AOMEI Backupper Server. In order to hire double insurance for your important files, you are advised to backup them up regularly. You can set up schedule backup or manually backup those files at any time.